• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ritchie brothers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ritchie brothers

Guess bought kramer not sure if this is good or not . Kinda liked kramer sales .

Bigger is always better..

When will it end?

Comment

Get rid of the competion..then charge what ever they want..

Hard to refuse a blank cheque I am sure..

Comment

What would it cost for a smaller auction company to set up the same online bidding program that RB has let alone the rest of the advertising, customer base etc? I'm thinking it didn't pay to reinvent the wheel when it has already been perfected.

Comment

Kind of a shocker but business is business. Sad to see a 4 th generation farm related business go but it is what it is these days . Not much different than very successful family farms sell out when the money and situation present its self .
          Still sad to see such a community minded business get swallowed up into the big corporate world . Richies will never do what the Kramer's have done locally . No different than the remaining independent Ag dealers that do far more than than the "big guys " will even think of doing. Nor-Sask and Cavalier Agrow are a great example over the conglomerate JD , Cargil or CPS locally . JD is Fukin terrible, locally they don't support nothing virtually at all. There are 5 local machinery dealers and nearly a dozen input dealers in this area yet only one machinery dealer and a few local input dealers support the local junior A ag project year after year , JRI has been very good. Vitera does as little as possible.
          Ilta and ADM do virtually zero locally now either other than a cheap thank you hotdog BBQ once a year .
          Once these local businesses are swallowed up the 'take overs' do *** all on a local level for actual community support.
          It has happened before and will again with locally owned family built up ag business, local pulse plants , independent crop input retailers that were built up from ground zero .
          End of the day it is a testament to well run family business that become very successful and become worthy enough of other global businesses to take notice.
          I just want to say the Kramer's have done a tremendous job and represented our community extremely well over the many years .
          The Kramer's did so many community events other than farm auctions most people don't realize.
          I for one hope the best for the Kramer family as I know they will still continue to be excellent community supporters. I know this was a very hard decision for them but was inevitable in today's world where that tough call needs to be made between pride and running head to head with a global company.
          The trick is knowing when to walk before others take you out when your still worth taking out . Maybe not the right way to say it, but again , it is what it is in today's world .
          End of the day I still will support those who support my community and not those from outside if there is a choice to be made . Kramer's understood that wether you liked them or not. They grew their business here and supported the community they did business in on many levels that others would / will never do .
          It makes one sit back and appreciate local businesses that support their communities. They are becoming farther and fewer between now.

Comment

Well said furrow. I was shocked to hear the news as well. Kramers Auction were first rate in all respects and will be missed big time in Saskatchewan in particular. Hopefully they will start up another business in the area and continue to be a big asset to the community.

Comment

They will continue , just under the RB umbrella.
              It's in the news release on their website.

Comment

Recently RB bought IronPlanet online auctions for about $1 billion.

With eye opener number like that I wonder if maybe Kramer got the itch and gave them a call. I don't know how much we would be talking for Kramer but likely a big payout that they could not even imagine a decade ago

Comment

That makes a virtual monopoly on auctions in Saskatchewan. Odd?

Comment

Wonder what that means for farms that signed with Kramer because they wanted Kramer not RitchieBros?

Comment

If there's a void I'm sure another will step in to handle the smallish type sales. Rb not geared to what Kramer was doing, more for selling rows of cats and not uncle Waldo's set of bent out combination wrenches.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                        If there's a void I'm sure another will step in to handle the smallish type sales. Rb not geared to what Kramer was doing, more for selling rows of cats and not uncle Waldo's set of bent out combination wrenches.
                        Very unkind!

Comment

Unkind is telling a story about the wrenches while you are waiting to get to the better stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by SCS View Post
                            Very unkind!
                            Not intended that way but more of a compliment to kramers actually giving a shit about getting the most for the seller. RB on smaller farm sales just do not do what kramers could offer. Yes it's pitiful sometimes but Kramer on small stuff gets more dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                              Unkind is telling a story about the wrenches while you are waiting to get to the better stuff.
                              Lol yeah that's true😂 but kramer does a good job though! " ok now over to the big three ton here you go guys, blah blah blah blah blah, guys we're all wrong, raise the box and drive it back and forth a bit. Blah blah blah blah blah, come on guys.....fire it up again....on and on and on" it's comical but they get the job done and their operation is second to none in organization and class.
                              Very professional. They deserve every goddamn cent they can get out of ritchie bros. They earned it.
                              Congratulations and best wishes moving forward.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...