• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6687.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	777365

Well the Harvest from Hell is turning into the Miracle or November. The above is to show what our flooded ugly shit looks like. Yes it wasn't the whole farm but one area got hammered with every fracking storm all summer and then two minor hail storms to leave us with shit like this. So yes this is going to drag down on my total yield real good. Five quarters in this block all effected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5770.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	777366

Damage was to 5 out of the 30 canola. Hrs and oats seem to take the excess water better than other crops like Canola and Peas.

Now for the crop report for our area. The last two nights looked like it was the start of Sept with the moon almost full and combine lights in every direction. Yes some just texted last night that they finally finished. Some are moving to neighbours to help finish and some are just packing equipment up. Spraying is going on and field work has started up again Lots spiking ground as those fields proved to be better than ones not touched. Yes rain makes grain but mud is a dud.

So far no one is putting anhydrous down as most are concentrating on getting their crop off or helping neighbours. Yes our area most go help neighbours. Most. Some are trying to harrow straw but that is proving not so good. Lots of bunching. Flax is getting burnt.

Grain that is being harvested just got dry last night. So up to this point guys have just about dry grain to tough to dry or blend off or move. Dryers are going all over the place and lots have set up systems. Funny two days ago at night it got dry or close and then a heavy wet frost and the whole next day the grain was needed to be dried. Then yesterday afternoon it finally got dry. Funny how wet frost and short days and min sun and wind can make November harvesting a real challenge. We will be down to a section of Canola left today. We are moving north to finish off the strait cut that was swath at 96% colour change it looks good and if dry should be taken at 4.6 MPH. Don't sell the swather its BUllshit. I wouldn't of come close to finishing without it. Yes the dryer helps but short days and 1.2 MPH to 2.4 MPH vs 4 or higher time speed and length of time you can go after dark. We will hit 94% done today.

So just a typical October in November.

Again take care out their its only a crop that they will get in the end.

Now on another topic some one please help push the donations to chads family over the $13,000.00 Mark its $70.00 thats a small amount and most farmers can cover that amount. Think about it this family cant go back to their family home or wont. Would any of you want to go back! Yes Suicide is awful but think of his young family and look at yours and count your blessings every single day of the year. Family is family and agriville is like one to a lot of people. Some 8000 read his obituary yet 80 donated. Yes this isn't a forum for asking for donation to this cause of that but one of our own is gone and not coming back and the ones at home are hurting. So if you can please try to donate some thing even $20.00 would do.

Thank you to all who have given.
    Last edited by SASKFARMER3; Nov 10, 2016, 06:23.

Just about done.got 20 acres of flat flax.Harvest from he'll yes.end of a harvest day excitement.think wrapped flax straw .

Comment

End result.saved trees and buildings no one hurt.

Comment

Comment

Newguy good thing you didn't park it inside somewhere! Glad no one hurt.

FLAX....farmers will remember this year. Fighting with this stuff to get it out of the field and then no reward. Only up a few dimes lately. I'm wondering if flax will soon be a niche crop with only a few thousand acres seeded

Comment

I agree your lucky you didn't put it in the shed. I was going to make a ford comment but decided not to joke around.

Comment

Feul storage building right in front.Put out fire next to 2 buildings with my combine pressure water extinguisher.Refilled twice and contained to truck till fire truck got there.truck was sitting an hour and a half before fire stated.

Comment

Fire tuck 4 miles away.911 sent the one 15 miles away cause we live in that rm.even told them which one was close but did not matter to 911.

Comment

We're burning stuff here too, but not vehicles. Slough bottoms, there is no standing water on the fields but the soil is pretty full. Amazing the different conditions across the Prairies, there is no danger of getting stuck here. Guys are getting crop off that has been out for the month of October.... this weather is a blessing to those not done.

Take care and harvest safe.... who ever thought I would have to say that November 10th!
                  Spraying November 10th? The coldest it got here was about minus 6 so far this fall. I wouldn't say things are still "growing" but some stuff is still green.
                  Very little fertilizer is fall applied in this area.... some guy has started floating on some nutrients and doing blanket tillage with a vertical tillage unit. Progressive guy with deep pockets that isn't afraid to try different things.

Comment

still rutting the shit of everything here even old alfalfa fields . quality is really bad in some of what's left . one guy told me his standing , not so much standing oats are in the 3 leaf stage . flax that is harvested downgraded due to light seed , probably a 3 . wheat and barley will be burnt in the spring . canola is even sprouted in swath. alfalfa seed had nothing left in it . water running everywhere , just oozing out of ground. some progress is being made . going to be a tough year in these parts for some

Comment

Rain last Sunday combined with a forecast for more tomorrow and sat. will put a fork in it for this area. Did not dry this week because every time the sun came out it clouded over. Some straight cut canola will go yet with a dryer and the ability to ship right away. Lots of burning to do in the spring. Rather lose a crop due to drought than flooding. Now you have to deal with the mess.

Comment

SF3 your fields look dry compared to ours..
                        It gets wetter the farther north you go..
                        Drove across our fields with the Gator yesterday..Unbelievable..Water in every little dip in the fields..
                        Water running out of the hills..Zero fall work done here, only V ditchers going..
                        Next spring looks hopeless at this point..

Comment

I agree further north you go it gets ugly! This fall we so far missed most storms! Maybe finally the wet weather pattern has moved! I'm hoping!

Comment

Get cracking SF3. Vegas awaits you. We are booked.

Comment

I'm trying we're down to 5 should get to 4by tonight

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...