• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hee hee

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hee hee

I'm hoofing down the gridroad at a good clip, head bent down, trying to spy a bright orange agate hiding in the fresh layer of dusty gravel.

Quarter mile north in the distance are the neighbours, in their black half ton with all the options, crawling along, headed my way.

They stop. Smiling.

"How are you? What are you looking for?"

"Agates," I replied, my left hand full of stones.

"Agates? What are agates?"

"Usually orange or yellow stones you can see through. They sometimes have insects or flecks in them."

"I've never heard of them. Lemmee see them"

"Nope. Not unless you pay me 25 cents."

" .25 cents?"

"Yup. Give me .25 cents.and you can see all my stones and my agate"

"You want .25 cents from me to see your stones?"

"Yup".

He laughs at me, incredulous, she's sitting beside him, laughing hard at him, as he reaches for his wallet.

I watch, laughing.

He takes out his wallet, takes out two dimes and a nickel and hands them to me, absolutely astonished, and laughing harder.

I pocket the coins in my windbreaker, and stick my hand into the truck cab, opening it.

I point to the agate and they look at the stones.

We're all killing ourselves laughing.

They drove off. I continued looking for agates.

I'll keep the money and display it prominently next time they come to watch UFC.

My neighbours are delicious. Pars

You mean they never even tried to negotiate a better deal, it's not like they never had the two dimes to ask for a twenty percent discount.

Or do they know better?

MSRP to look at Parsley's stones is $.25.... do you barter...no cash exchanged?

Now what do I have that you may be interested in?

Comment

Or do they know better? Of course they know better. :-;

Now what do I have that you may be interested in?

Dunno. You have a pair of stones?

Comment

I'll post pictures of my stones tomorrow. It's too cold and dark to take pictures of them tonight.....you won't be able to see them.

You will be impressed!

Stay tuned....farming would be boring without stones!

Comment

"You will be impressed!"

I hope so. This is a marketing forum. I just showed you how to make money selling stones.....

Comment

Even better....you taught me to maintain ownership therefore you can show them to others and continue to make money....when you think they have just about run out of interest then sell them!

I do have some real interesting finds though, all found on our farm. The most unusual is a rock laden with shell fossils. Found about two miles from our house....in the middle of the arid Prairies!?!?!?! I could hardly believe it when I picked it up.

Comment

We found a rock mallet, about a 3- pound stone maybe 300 years old, on top of a hill south of Sedley. Yes, there are a couple of hills near Sedley.

Comment

Ya Sumdumguy, we found lots here too, There were alot of rocks picked here by hand over the years and still do.... when we come across one worth picking we pick it....that way they don't get out of hand. And boy there are hotspots for rocks on this farm.... you know where to go when picking rocks...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  Ya Sumdumguy, we found lots here too, There were alot of rocks picked here by hand over the years and still do.... when we come across one worth picking we pick it....that way they don't get out of hand. And boy there are hotspots for rocks on this farm.... you know where to go when picking rocks...
                  We have a couple of stone ridges. My ancestors built a pile about 8 feet tall15 feet wide and 100 feet long. When we were kids, we would rummage through the stone pile and find softer lighter stones. We could throw them against any other stone and they would break open exposing shell fossils. That would get us about 20 minutes more break before going back out to pick more stones. The big bonus was that at 12 yrs old we got to drive the "grain truck". A 1956 Chev 2 ton with a wooden box. That was the "good truck" because the 1953 was still a 6 volt and did not always start as reliably as the '56!! This was around 1982.

Comment

Used to find one or so Indian hammer heads a year on average.
                    These were three or four pound stones with a ring indented around them, presumably to tie handle on with.
                    Think they were used to pound meat and berries for making pemmican.
                    Often wondered if pemmican was much of an item before start of fur trade.
                    Also found a couple of stone axe heads with rings around them but these were much more rare.

Comment

The moccasins are modern...lol
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2016, 22:31.

Comment

This is getting interesting... Stones are so interesting. Other rock hounds out there? Pars

Comment

More to come tomorrow.... stay tuned. Free admission!(that means it doesn't cost anything to confess)

Ok enough....chuckle! Need a little levity after the sad news on Wednesday.
                          Last edited by farmaholic; Nov 5, 2016, 22:53.

Comment

Originally posted by parsley View Post
                            This is getting interesting... Stones are so interesting. Other rock hounds out there? Pars
                            I don't go looking really but every now and then I'll find some when I'm out for a walk. Used to have a fair collection of petrified wood, arrowheads, just neat looking rocks, etc. But they gradually disappeared through frequent moves.

As of right now I can of one fossil I have as well as a rock found amongst rocks on a riverbank in the mountains that looks like it's possessed.

Perhaps the creepy rock could be in demand for a dime.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post

Perhaps the creepy rock could be in demand for a dime.
                              Oh my, I'll gladly buy the creepy stone for a dime...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...