• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markets watching our weather. Bloomberg - Canada's durum wheat fields get soggy

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markets watching our weather. Bloomberg - Canada's durum wheat fields get soggy

The terrible weather and poor durum crop becoming news in the US.

Here is the Bloomberg story talking about the shortage of quality durum.

[URL="http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-26/pasta-makers-suffer-when-canada-s-durum-wheat-fields-turn-soggy"]http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-26/pasta-makers-suffer-when-canada-s-durum-wheat-fields-turn-soggy

[/URL]

Durrrrooom!

Comment

Middleman doubles his prices but durum goes up 25 percent.

Too bad the end users don't say what the **** once in a while.

Or call some farmers to see if there is a way around the middleman.

Comment

and we were told that there was so much wheat in the world it didn't matter if canadia even grew a crop . I guess it mattered after all, if only 20 % of crop left out causes this much commotion . the lying assholes got caught with their pants around their ankles . maybe next year when they are talking a RECORD CROP all over the world , someone with half a brain will tell them to shut the f$&k up . and for what it's worth , I don't believe it's only 20% crop left .

Comment

Kind of like the lie they used to tell "the state of Kansas grows more more wheat than all of Canada"
          That one always pissed me off.

Comment

Do you guys think there is that much durum left out compared to barley and spring wheat? Traditional durum growing areas must have most of theirs off. Jdgreen, bigzee, boarderbloke, agchat, vvalk, Jag farms, sumdumguy or anyone else in the more tradional areas, whats out there?

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              Do you guys think there is that much durum left out compared to barley and spring wheat? Traditional durum growing areas must have most of theirs off. Jdgreen, bigzee, boarderbloke, agchat, vvalk, Jag farms, sumdumguy or anyone else in the more tradional areas, whats out there?
              Just did tour through central AB/Sask. Looks like lots out yet I would say well over 20% of the durum still out. The other thing is the quality of what is already harvested is a big issue. Every durum crop that I stopped and looked at is very very poor quality. Not saying that it is all bad but what I saw is not good.

Comment

Personally finished harvest here. However there is probly 20% of the durum still out and it is pathetic crap quality now..

Comment

So, my mediocre durum that has some fusarium damage and vomitoxin measured in ppm might be worth more than the pathetic offers being made now? Line companies offering $2.75 and Johnston's show bids of $3-3.25 for "high vomi"....somebody is losing credibility! God I hate being treated like a fool! "SPECIALS with deadlines" that get extended by days or weeks.....sickening already.
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 29, 2016, 08:56.

Comment

and they'll feed us the same shit next year ..... then they work on us all summer, until you start to get worried . we sold some oats and wheat to cheap at harvest , didn't even need the bins . they work at you from every angle , even on here .... tv, radio , mail, Internet , grain buyers , nothing negative is ever reported until long after it should of been . just imagine how many $10 canola contracts were signed ????? the one that pissed me off the the most was the radio add that was still running about sask record crop when half the province was way to wet to even have an average crop

Comment

Let's see ...there is 2.2 mmt of space floating out west.....railways are not moving much more than 650000 tonnes a week out there....no harvesting for over a month....the stuff in bins is either booked or held in tight hands....

You guys do the math....France and Germany are wet....Australia has froze....

It's not a disaster until the graincos have the ownership in contracts or TPAs etc.....

Transparency would be an interesting concept in an open market in Canada.

Comment

Info supplied form Agriculture and Agrifood Canada... from Weber's Subscription

Oct 14 to Oct 21

#1 CWAD 13% Px--West Coast quotes:

Tonne...$387.19 up $6.62 to $393.81
                        Bushel...$10.53 up $.18 to $10.71

#1 CWRS 13.5% Px--West Coast quotes:

Tonne...$322.40 up $5.75 to $328.15
                        Bushel...$8.77 up $.16 to $8.93

How do these compare to your pit price?

Comment

Those quotes are already a week old.... who knows, they could be higher again!

Comment

getting calls from buyers every day with specials , wanting us to put targets in , immediate delivery ? the same buyers that said they had enough contracted to keep full until spring . I am just sick and f$&king tired of the industries games . next thing we'll hear is that western Canada has perfect soil moisture for a bumper, no record crop next year when in truth half the acres around here will be unfarmable. no one will talk about that , though

Comment

Where do the importing country's grain buyers fit into this equation. I can imagine they would be some of the toughest negotiators there are.

From CITD and CGC data
                              August durum sale to Algeria shipped from Thunder Bay and St Lawrence ports:
                              18,600 mt #2
                              103,100 mt #3
                              Average price per tonne $359.32 ($9.78/bu)

Click image for larger version

Name:	#1 CWAD SK avg 2016 price.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	765185

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...