• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article in Financial Post on increased in investment in grain handling

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting article in Financial Post on increased in investment in grain handling

Looks like grain companies have made some major investments in elevator infrastructure for export markets. Here is the link.

[URL="http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/a-rich-harvest-how-the-canadian-wheat-boards-demise-unleashed-a-grain-bonanza"]http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/a-rich-harvest-how-the-canadian-wheat-boards-demise-unleashed-a-grain-bonanza
    [/URL]

Geez....I wonder why?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Considering commercial storage as a % of annual crop. Canada was a fraction of peers. And now the carry in futures can be made as well as their direct ownership and control from buyer back to pit.
      Just playing catch-up.

Comment

Look at what farmers have spent for storage and then compare.....I think farmers as a whole have spent more....that's an unwritten story.

Comment

I got my whole crop except for 14-16 tonnes of canola and 2000 bushels of peas in storage on my farm and thankfully with the help of other farmers/land owners who rent their land to BTOs and don't use or didn't need their bins. And this has been our best crop ever grown. Possession is power and control----what little we are allowed to have. Storage is a long term investment that can continually pay back.

Comment

Yup. And as grain selling companies ourselves, we have a headstart. Yay us!

Comment

Is there any grain going south through the Northgate facility? I have not heard much about that lately?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...