• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it flows it goes.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it flows it goes.

Desperation has set in in my area. The neighbour straight cut some canola yesterday. I can't even imagine what it tested. No dust, green stubble, but it's off.

Guys going here , but we did not get the heavy snow other areas got.
    Wheat as high as 24, canola 16-20 range
    Elevators taking some wheat but they are not taking canola above 13 is the word .
    Crop is going through not bad to good from what guys are saying .
    Very little left right locally here

Comment

18 quarters left till last nights rain! It was 18 down to 13.9 before rain real windy for two days before.
      Desperation is setting in! Guys going dryer or not!

Comment

Tried yestarday aft brutal off the dial on the 919.
        Last edited by biglentil; Oct 26, 2016, 09:11.

Comment

Resigned to fate more like it for me. How much 21 wheat can I keep until I can find someone to dry it.
          Too wet to even get it into a swath for now. And I dont like spending money on combines well enough to try the -20C idea but thanx. Last two days very very damp. Almost constant mist and fog.

Comment

Careful on the wet stuff.some here have lost canola already. Heated in no time.

Comment

3 days

Comment

Pencil out cost of drying damp wheat versus leaving for spring harvest.
                Should include price discount, if any, for feed wheat.
                Also wildlife damage compensation, crop insurance and other factors.
                Good partial budget exercise.

Comment

Done here.Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo266.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	765178

Comment

#Dontselltheswather. What a pain Straight cut header won't pick it up, so bought the swather back and swathing it ahead of the combine. Surprisingly little loss. Stalks are still green making it tough going through the combine. Testing 15 to 18. What a going show.

Comment

So canola was at 22 today. If I get it at 20 and put it on air will it still heat right away or do I have some time. New dryer is on pad but 5 days from starting anything thru it.

Comment

Yes it'll heat Rd. Find something else to do. Maybe if dryer will run in 2 days your ok but it's gonna take forever to dry. Whatever you got told is capacity divide by about 6 at that moisture

Comment

Drying any canola over 16 moisture is a painful nightmare.

Comment

I can't imagine canola testing 20 would shell very easily.

Good luck fellows. Brutal way to try and make a living.

Comment

My cousin wants to bag 16 canola. I think it would have to be cold. And even then would be scared for more than a very short time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...