• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Civic Elections....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Civic Elections....

Is everyone going out to do their civic duty if there is an election in your RM, MD, or the community you live in?

The RM I live in is having elections for Reeve and some Divisions... but not my Division.

Get out and vote!

That's not bad advice - try to get someone responsive into office.

However, voting is only the beginning of one's civic duty. The main think is to keep in touch with the issues and letting the elected ones know where you want them to go on them.

Too many people just vote and forget who they voted for.

That's rather like putting the key in the ignition and thinking the thing will drive itself.

Ain't gonna happen.

Comment

I live a fairly well managed RM but have developed a level of frustration on a couple of issues with in the RM.

And no, I don't want to hold office.

Comment

We elect a new reeve, and it's about time. Also couple council, but not in my division. Our RM needs big change, only the reeve gets the paved roads.

Comment

I was surprised that there was a line-up of folks waiting to vote when I went in, and lots more arriving after I had finished. This may be a record turnout for my RM's election.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
            I live a fairly well managed RM but have developed a level of frustration on a couple of issues with in the RM.

And no, I don't want to hold office.
            I have property in 2 RMs. One has been a decade long gong show and the other has decided to follow suit. It is reflected in the infrastructure. The bigger farms buy their own construction equipment and fix what they have to. Im sure they must get some kind of permission, possibly some form of payment for the men, but ultimately they just want to get work done so they can function their farms.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbyfrmr View Post
              I have property in 2 RMs. One has been a decade long gong show and the other has decided to follow suit. It is reflected in the infrastructure. The bigger farms buy their own construction equipment and fix what they have to. Im sure they must get some kind of permission, possibly some form of payment for the men, but ultimately they just want to get work done so they can function their farms.
              Didn't SF3 say RM was not happy with road repairs by farmers?

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                Didn't SF3 say RM was not happy with road repairs by farmers?
                I dont spend enough time learning all the intricate details, I just see the farmer and his men trying to make things better for themselves so they can function while the councils are still trying to figure it out.

Comment

I have not held any of these offices, too busy with family etc.

But I have gotten to know many elected officials and for the most part they want constructive feedback and ideas.

I have heard it said, you get the government you deserve. Vote and participate, and that does not mean you have to run for office, lots of ways to be involved. Many of our communities need the type of leadership and passion we see on Agriville.

Comment

In our years of farming, we farmed primarily in 3 RM's. Trying to run an on-farm business was a challenge in our home RM. We are told that one guy didn't think that should be allowed and did everything in his power to make it tough. The other RM's did everything to make it easy. We get super service from our RM's today and appreciate the dedication.

Comment

We got one new councilor and the incumbent reeve and once councilor got their seat back.

I never made my choice a "popularity contest" but voted for the best "businessman for the position". Overall I think we are in good hands.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...