• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless Useless Useless Fracking rain during the night. Storm started in Valley and Moved East. Useless Rain.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6497.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	765169

Got over one hurdle last night now down to the last 20 Quarters of Canola. ITs tough but goes through very nice and thank god for the new Active Cylinder to take wads on S690s
      Weather looks ugly again. The Push Continues.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
        [ATTACH]775[/ATTACH]

Got over one hurdle last night now down to the last 20 Quarters of Canola. ITs tough but goes through very nice and thank god for the new Active Cylinder to take wads on S690s
        Weather looks ugly again. The Push Continues.
        What canola varieties did you grow this yr? You arent done yet but which ones stand out? I grew D3155C and Canterra 1990. Between the two I averaged 58, 1990 was a little stronger.

Comment

L252 is going to win hands down but my pioneer had hail at 37% on all of it. The pioneer strait we aren't even close to harvesting as it will be last! Good thing my l262 isn't like some of the others around us that grew all plant and little pods! Can't put that shit through combine!

Comment

Similar yields in that range!

Comment

Originally posted by bigzee View Post
              What canola varieties did you grow this yr? You arent done yet but which ones stand out? I grew D3155C and Canterra 1990. Between the two I averaged 58, 1990 was a little stronger.
              What seeding rate, seeding date and fertilizer amounts makes you 58? Rare to average over the 40's here. Usually weather limiting yields.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                What seeding rate, seeding date and fertilizer amounts makes you 58? Rare to average over the 40's here. Usually weather limiting yields.
                Started May 7 went to the 9th got a 3 inch rain which was needed. Started again on the 15th finished on the 18th. Virtually no yield difference in yield from start to finish.
                Seeding rate was in average 4.8, fert rates were 80N 30P 17S. Then went in with 28 0 0 at 11-12 gallons so another 33-34 actual N. Sprayed Lance for disease. Our land is not heavy but grows very good crops with good nutrients and moisture. I'm not done durum but what is, avg 75 with 14 protein. Some of the durum got the same fert as the canola.
                Wish I would have had some L252 to see if it would have done better.

Comment

S15 was used which I think has big benefits

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...