• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surprise Alberta NDP

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surprise Alberta NDP

Nobody effing wants you!!!

3rd place behind conservatives and wild rosee

Now how long before the rest of Canada realizes the same thing about pm selfie

Exactly..

Comment

Whatever your political persuasion you've got to accept that the NDP in AB and the Liberals nationally are the elected choice of the majority. Opinion polls give political junkies something to do between elections but only the election results count. 2019 is the next time there is required to be an election in AB and lots can change in the interim.

Comment

Grassfarmer,
        What is going to change to allow the NDP to be re elected?

Comment

Democracies only work when people are educated.

We are at the point where people will allow their civil liberties to be eroded in exchange for "free stuff" that others pay for.

The beginning of the end of modern society as we know it.

I must admit, grassfarmer, I find it funny... you moved from Alberta to MB and ended up under a conservative government again.... What are your views on Pallister? Seems like he's doing a good start of cleaning up a huge mess?

Comment

Grass you and politics wow!

Your useless Notley is a one term Alberta mistake! History will prove that!

Trudeau will go down as useless as his father and be a one term!

Sad part we're stuck with him for three more years!

He is now a extra 34 billion in debt that he can't blame on the old gov it's his baby!

Comment

I have a feeling JT will be PM for at least two terms . Depends a lot on who will run against him. But the east just may be enough to keep him in for a while yet.
              Either way , JT will be off to the UN after he is done.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                I have a feeling JT will be PM for at least two terms . Depends a lot on who will run against him. But the east just may be enough to keep him in for a while yet.
                Either way , JT will be off to the UN after he is done.
                I'm scared of that also, maybe brad will take a run at him , that would finish him . or better yet if brad ran for leader of western separation party !

Comment

And that is why we are in the state we are in....people accept corruption and system abuse as long as it appears to be financially beneficial to them...and that is where the cons were. People accept unscrupulous CEO's , etc....because it "makes them money". And then they question why society is off the rails....
                  "If you tell people what they want to hear, you can be wrong indefinitely without penalty.."
                  Although I will likely be a Alberta Party supporter, I do think Notely will garner more support than the optics appear.....and this comes from just talking to people. but...could be wrong.....

Comment

It's fitting that the Eco-activist premier gets elected and will leave the largest debt over 4 years since Alberta was a province.

One good thing about her getting elected by accident and vote splitting, is Albertans will now be VERY aware what the NDP stands for as far as unions, agriculture, lobbyists, coal industry, oil industry, carbon tax, minimum wage laws, anti-rural sentiment.

As far as Trudeau he is done in the west but will he get a second term due to the east....possible?
                    Either way taking a surplus and creating a $36 billion deficit within a year takes some spending, maybe a few $ end up in the west.....BAHAHAHAHAHA......more like Toronto, Quebec, Syria, David Suzuki and his assistants/nannies moving expenses.

Comment

And you don't think the debt would be there had the ND's not gotten in? If you recall, that is why Mr. Prentice called the election...to validate his deficit budget....although he didn't have to. But, IMHO, he knew it was going to get much worse and didn't want to wait the year, thought he could pull it off at the time and not when the economy was in the tank.

Comment

Grassfarmer I agree that 21/2 years is a long time in politics but let's analize a bit of what the NDP has done and how that worked out.
                        Right out of the box personal and corporate tax increases. Personally wasn't against them but hurt the business climate and ended up bringing in less revenue.
                        Then started the royalty review postponed decisions by oil companies. In the end nobody was really happy. Her base was unhappy royalties weren't raised and the NDP looked bad for complaining the PC's had given away resources but now had to say royalties were fair.
                        Then came bill 6, some aspects of it are good but was badly handled then and implementation meetings so far not going all that well.
                        Then the climate leadership plan, exactly what an energy producing province needs in an economic downturn, a carbon tax on its biggest revenue producer. Not going to help.
                        Then increasing the minimum wage, this will make business pop up everywhere, tried to buy small business off with a tax cut from 3 to 2%. Wage costs will far outweigh the savings from tax cut.

I think that the NDP had a golden opportunity to bring in a moderate government that could have ruled for 2 or 3 terms. The PC's definitely made a lot of mistakes but the NDP have all Albertan's yearning for past success, so far the NDP has made a mess of everything they have touched and they continue to push. If the economy is still stuck in neutral in 2019 they are done, plain and simple. And we will be left with a projected 58 billion dollar debt and a hell of a mess to clean up, very sad.

Comment

Actually neither Notely or JT won a majority of the vote. We are stuck with the damage both these clowns are going to cause and neither had a majority of the vote. JT is now happy with first past the post now that the Liberals are in power. Big surprise.

Comment

I will bet money that jt will be there at least once or twice more. Maybe not 3 in a row but 2.
                            Notley has a definite chance at a decent showing I'm afraid.

Comment

Notley will win again. She will not cut the government staff. She did inherit a wreck though, the conservatives could not balance the budget at 100 dollar oil. Most people understand that. She has not done anything out of the ordinary yet in my view. The carbon tax was coming if she put in in or not. There probably will be a sales tax soon as oil patch in dire straights,....though they would pay minimal royalties even at 100 dollar oil. I think would rather have a sales tax then raising income taxes, but who knows.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...