• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

back to grain markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

back to grain markets

Is current rally going to be sustained?
    Had a bearish usda report after initial fall market rallys go figure not much changed fundamentally other than dragging on canadian harvest and grumpy relations between yanks and ruskies.
    More rain in aust plenty of stained bleached heads but still in grain fill how who knows if quality is down graded but if i was betting man.......

Canada will produce a 15 mt canola crop the rest will spend winter in the field and be burnt next spring.
    Wheat will be lower with same fate.

oats is done.

Flax is shit.

USA did not grow as big a crop as they are bull shitting about.

Grade is a huge issue.

Comment

Yes the Canadian canola crop is shrinking as some will be burned in the spring around here including at least some of mine due to likely the earliest start of winter in 10000 yrs,

Comment

Never have we been shut down On the first of October. But yes Im starting to think it is going to happen. Not my grand father father or myself have ever been shut down for the whole month of October in our life.

Comment

Rally not likely to be sustained. Bad news on Canadian canola delays and short ARG soy and palm oil shortage is in the market now. From here out every canola acre done will increase supply. We'll likely fall into a new higher trading range with range bound trading until South America weather takes over the news.

Best positive near term is the very strong demand for veg oil.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
            Never have we been shut down On the first of October. But yes Im starting to think it is going to happen. Not my grand father father or myself have ever been shut down for the whole month of October in our life.
            no one here turned a wheel in October in 2009

Comment

We were able to do a bit that year but had way less to go than this year. Two awesome weeks of great sunny days and dry in November in 2009 finished us up and custom combined another 1000 plus acres.

Comment

Drew said this is not 09.

Comment

What has Drew got right this year?

Comment

It's not late yet. Indian summer usually clicks in the end of October. we've had some nasty halloweens with a lot of good weather after. Wish we had bought that dryer that sold at auction in June for $700. Our old neighbour used to say that a grain dryer is like having an extra combine.

Comment

Even better if grain NEVER gets dry, 1985 we dried every bu of the harvest! Late cold year, started swathing Sept 1st!

USA...Midwest weather last week enabled US soybean farmers to make steady harvest progress, though corn is
                      coming in more slowly, USDA says. According to the government, 62% of the US soybean crop had been collected
                      as of Sunday, just shy of the average pace of 63% for this time of year from 2011 to 2015. Corn, meanwhile, is 46%
                      harvested, compared to an average 49% for the past five years. Drier-than-normal weather across much of the US
                      Farm Belt in the past seven days allowed combines to roll reliably through fields, and few weather interruptions are
                      anticipated for this week. (DJ

Last year today, + 18C

Comment

I was wondering the same thing Biglentil!

Comment

According to my neighbour in his 80's:

On October 8th, 1958 in NE Sask there was a huge snow storm that plugged up grid roads with snow banks.

Harvest didn't get going again until around Halloween and they finished November 8th.

Comment

I was wondering the same thing Biglentil!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...