• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm starting to think we're F$&ked

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm starting to think we're F$&ked

1/4 inch from yesterday! What was close is now back to shit!
    Something is different this year! All storms arrive in four to five days so when now Saturday!
    Big warm up and wind coming! Snow should go but who can finish in two days!
    Using last month as comparison Tuesday crop will be 20 wed 16.5 to 17 Thursday 13 and maybe Friday great and dry that is maybe 5 to 6 quarters. It's better than today but slow going! If it was ok for one more week yea we would finish.

What are others thinking! So much out will we get it?

I feel something is off with the weather for quite a few years now,can't describe it something seems not right but weather is weather and maybe its all in our heads,but where the **** did the wind go?

Anybody else?

Comment

Its called being punch drunk, I am suffering from it too.

Comment

Still 3 to 4 inches of heavy wet snow around Edmonton. Putting the equipment away for the winter. Phoenix next week.

Comment

snow nearly gone here , water everywhere , looks like spring run off . another 1/2" yesterday . only thing is there are lots of robins , brown rabbits , etc ? I wonder if we're gonna get another crack at it ?

Comment

Comment

Feels like anti cyclical November weather. I'm done except for a few acres of oats but I feel depressed looking at all the crop out. Seems everyone here has a little or a lot out. We bitch about markets, chiseling agribusiness, and politicians but ultimately Mother Nature determines whether we feast or starve.

My problem now is with all this snow is getting cows out of remote pastures Been feeding grain to hold them over till truck can get in. Way more snow in the bush. Hoping we freeze up in a week.

Comment

In answer to the question you posed Sask3 YES!

Comment

I am starting to think we are screwed....what does the sun look like anymore?

Comment

For the last two weeks what one day sun and it was sort of calm. Some thing has changed jet stream or hurricane or what ever hot air from USA politics.

Im baffled.

Comment

We are hooped here. No doubt about it

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                        snow nearly gone here , water everywhere , looks like spring run off . another 1/2" yesterday . only thing is there are lots of robins , brown rabbits , etc ? I wonder if we're gonna get another crack at it ?
                        Wildlife migrate and change colours based more on daylight hours. I wouldn't be holding out hope because the bunnies are brown unfortunately.

Skunks are still out though. Obviously they aren't too concerned about hiding right away. Nor do they seem too concerned about wet snow though...

Comment

Actually next Saturday there is a chance of some light precip for southern areas.
                          Starting Thursday it looks light bright sunshine for most of SK. The south will see some decent humidity levels and highs above 10C. Sun is what is needed to get the soil moisture out of the crop/swath. 10 plus is on tap for areas further north up to about highway 16 but humidity will be higher.
                          I'm thinking next Wednesday's (the 26th) weather may bring an end to 2016. I really hope Nov weather does a 180.
                          I don't know if anyone in the Stoon area will get a chance or not. Maybe canola or anyone with soys or fabas standing. We might get a few hours in the flax on days from Thurs - Tues. I think that will be about it. Still a bit of snow and ice to melt.

Comment

True 101, guys north of HWY 16 still fubard I think. The huge area south of here though to Kindersly is fubard as well regardless of weather . It's not good even if sun does return .
                            For a lot it's too little to late that have been even still today with snow / rain . She's done .

Comment

Fat lady still has not sung forecast looks great

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...