• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How's The Optimism Out There??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
    Now that bto is off here, I think we all stay fairly respectful. (Even when I tell chuck or grass their full of shit)
    Skin a little thin for everyone right now.
    Like I said before, let a farmer talk for less than a minute and you can figure out his term debt levels.
    The ones with none are often quick to make assumptions.

As far as common denominators as to who is done or not here, there doesn't seem to be any.
    Remember is just one shitty crop after one shitty year. Small pot hole on life's highway. Everyone be safe. This crop aint worth a life or divorce for that matter

Comment

By the looks of Regina forecast right now, we will be harveting Friday, Saturday and Sunday - at 50 acres a day, we'll be close to done unless we rent 3 or 4 Gleaners from someone. Big smiles on Monday. 😎 rose coloured glasses for sale.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
        Spring 2017....here it can go from adequate and surplus moisute to too dry pretty ****ing quick. 30+º's with a howling ****ing wind and humidity lower than a snakes belly in a rut......things dry pretty fast, especially the lighter land.
        Pretty sure most of the farmers are praying/hoping/wishing for that 0% humidity howling WIND! Or SFA will be seeded and a MUD FIGHT to boot!
        If you get it Farma, share!
        Think 2008 was last time we saw that, in church congregation prayed for RAIN. That has been banned after 2010.
        NEVER pray for rain, we all agreed!
        Last edited by fjlip; Oct 17, 2016, 13:19.

Comment

Another 2/10" on Sunday. With some co-operation from Mother Nature, maybe we can get in the field sometime late next week.

Comment

farma, it's not "rut", but "wagon rut"!

Comment

You are correct iceman.
              But let me suggest that a divorce might bring sanity, but it is exageratedly expensive!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                Spring 2017....here it can go from adequate and surplus moisute to too dry pretty ****ing quick. 30+º's with a howling ****ing wind and humidity lower than a snakes belly in a rut......things dry pretty fast, especially the lighter land.
                Remember the Ft McMurray fire? first week of May 32C, howling wind, 15% humidity. Things can turn around in a hurry.

Comment

Seems that never shows up when u need it grass. Just like when u need a rain. Too much or too little rarely perfect. Farming 30 years and only one year I can say was perfect. No fungicide no need for roundup no air drying no burning straw no mud no headaches. Priceless. 1 out of 30 aint bad eh!

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                    just be thankful you got some weather and not 40" rain like here ! we run 2 class 8's on 3200 ac . no one is done here , 75% of our acres look like this . [ATTACH]762[/ATTACH]
                    Man, I am still shocked by those fields and how you managed to swath and harvest. It's just unbelievable. You did well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...