• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grain contracts....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grain contracts....

Have all the production contracts that had early movement been delivered on? Any horror stories with exceptionally poor lentil yields or quality that made it impossible to honor the contracts? Did the AOG contracts help if you had production problems? What about contracts for canola....the infamous Input Capital scam...how much of their canola is still in the field? Specialty canola contracts? Wheat contracts without premiums or discounts written in? This could be a tough year on a cereal contract if the grain becomes chicken feed in the field and there's too much of it.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 12, 2016, 07:51.

...tough touchy subject.

Comment

No disasters here. Have barley contracted but cool and dry in bin. Canola in good shape(will need watching) and ready to deliver.

Comment

I asked the question at local JRI yesterday what will happen if delivery can't happen till mid winter or even spring. They said they didn't have an answer yet as they have been asking the higher ups also. Because it's a pretty prairie wide problem it's a big deal for farmers and grain industry. The guess locally is that if it's still in the field they likely will roll contracts forward.

Comment

our peas were quite good and we were able to delivere against another persons contract . we split the difference between spot and contract price . person who took the risk got a buck, fifty and so did we . richardson was happy , we were happy and so was contract holder . was taken right off grain check as a split same as share crop rent would be . quite painless and no admin charge .

Comment

all the rest of our contracts except flax are long gone . movement was very good here and was lucky to have good quality in everything except malt fairy didn't come but sure wouldn't sign a malt contract anyways

Comment

More good news. A local terminal will accept tough/damp canola for drying. Have to get it off first but at least there's a home for it. Unsure about drying costs or what the influx will do to spot prices. I'm sure most people will just be grateful to get it off and gone.

Comment

Lentil contract is not being honoured by ILTA grain. Contracted No2 at .36 cents, AOG and lentils are X3-so rather than the 3 cent discount they just want to buy at market - .26 cents.
                Good soft wheat contract w Husky at Lloyd-wheat is good except some Vomi - they are happy and so am I
                Good deal on the peas Case-for everyone.
                The one sided lentil contracts are a piece of crap. i hear all companies are doing the same. And the year before farmers were being taken to court when the price rose and didn't deliver. I think it's the end of any contracting in the lentil business-at least for me it is.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                  More good news. A local terminal will accept tough/damp canola for drying. Have to get it off first but at least there's a home for it. Unsure about drying costs or what the influx will do to spot prices. I'm sure most people will just be grateful to get it off and gone.
                  Terminals here are as well. I've heard up to 12% mst so just tough not damp, but it's something. I want to say $7 a tonne cost but that's far from guaranteed.

Comment

Originally posted by Quadtrack View Post
                    Lentil contract is not being honoured by ILTA grain. Contracted No2 at .36 cents, AOG and lentils are X3-so rather than the 3 cent discount they just want to buy at market - .26 cents.
                    Good soft wheat contract w Husky at Lloyd-wheat is good except some Vomi - they are happy and so am I
                    Good deal on the peas Case-for everyone.
                    The one sided lentil contracts are a piece of crap. i hear all companies are doing the same. And the year before farmers were being taken to court when the price rose and didn't deliver. I think it's the end of any contracting in the lentil business-at least for me it is.
                    Typical processor a bunch of crooks the whole lot of them. The good ones are few and far between.

Iceman out

Comment

Originally posted by iceman View Post
                      Typical processor a bunch of crooks the whole lot of them. The good ones are few and far between.

Iceman out
                      Was the 3 cent discount written into the contract?

Comment

Was 6 months late on payment in there as well ?
                        Most are very , very one sided at the end of the day . Not just pulses but all commodities in general .
                        It is very good that now local pulse buyers are within 10 days . At least you can have a remote business plan and not excuse after excuse why you could not get paid .
                        For a time it was far worse than dealing with the wheat board in some cases .
                        But yes , I agree , read every last word on your "contract" if quality is in question . Actually even if you are told it is ok , I would do a double take .
                        An "Act of God" is going to be forefront in many cases this year - JMO .
                        This will not be a fun year for producers or buyers of such contracts in a lot of instances

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...