• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That is some WET snow!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're on our third, 9 day stretch without moving a wheel. We started first week of Aug, but losing nearly a month due to rain delays has caused a lot of crop(for our area) to still be out. Now the days are much shorter, 1 in Aug are worth 2 in Oct.

Comment

it looked good from the road lol

Comment

West of Edmonton we never got a weather break all summer. After the third week of May it rained every three days or less. We cut 200 acres of hay the first week of July because the forecast looked good. After eight inches of rain we chopped it and blew it back on the field since it was rotting in the swath. We chopped everything else for silage and between breakdowns and rain delays we never finished first cut till September. This put us behind on combining but the wheat was still 15% since it was completely flat and required one way swathing on a bunch of it. Still have 500 acres of wheat to thresh and 1200 acres of alfalfa to cut and bale. Misery loves company since I don't know of anyone that's finished here. Not holding my breath on getting it any time soon. At least the kids are enjoying it.

Comment

Have never had a harvest to do in the spring. Suspect it won't happen this fall either. Was combining soy on Monday. Suspect it will go this afternoon. If not, then to-morrow.

Comment

We've never had crop out over winter either but they're calling for more snow and rain to start tomorrow and carry on through the rest of the weekend. It's so muddy on the back roads and water running in the fields it feels like April here. I've accepted that nothing is happening this fall, but if it does I'll be pleasantly surprised. Just have to tighten the belt another notch...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...