• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So grass Explain why we have a Carbon Tax Coming!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
    .....and how many times have your ancestors and you move looking for a better place to live and opportunities? I realize a lot of the people in the worst conditions have the least chance of improving their lot in life.

So are you dumbing down your lifestyle and that of your children. Or are you doing everything in your power to ensure your children don't end up in conditions of those in the uncomfortable pictures.

Seems kinda hypocritical to ask others what they've done all while it would appear you try to maintain your and your families' lifestyle.

Farma, sure we've moved around and I'm the one on here that is in favour of allowing that opportunity to others too. I'm strongly in favour of allowing more people to come and share this largely empty, prosperous country with so many resources to those that have so little and maybe only need a chance. Most on Agriville oppose that idea.
    I wouldn't say I'm dumbing down anything, more following the advice in your excellent post above about the throw away society. Saving resources whenever possible so that there is enough to sustain future generations all around the world - and yes part of that is I don't want to see my descendants finish up like those kids in the pictures but I want to do better than that, I want to improve those kids lives too.

Comment

I can certainly be corrected but isn't it Russia and the present Syrian government forces bombing Aleppo? And I am not defending any government but historically I would say many wars have been over control of resources.

One of the driving forces behind the political left in Canada is to stop any more developement of pipelines and any expansion of oil production. So this will increase the demand, production and export of oil from countries like Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Iran and other countries where only a wealthy hierarchy benefits and certainly less environmental controls exist. Again you emphasize your belief that our standard of living in Canada is to high and needs to be lowered. As a farmer I think we look at our farms as multi generational and as such the goal is for each successive generation to have a better existence than the previous one. I am not sure how the government of Canada requiring provinces to increase our taxes and make my farm less competitive against my closest competitor, the USA, is a benefit. The fertilizer I buy, the freight costs I pay, the electricity and natural gas I use will all be more expensive. The natural gas I use to heat my house will be taxed at increasing rates but it will also raise in price due to it being used to replace coal in electricity generation. Law of supply and demand. All this cost to reduce our carbon footprint in the world from 1.6% to 1.55%. And in Alberta we won't be addressing the need for more revenue to pay for government services that cost 11 billion more per year than the government brings in for revenue.

One other thing Grassfarmer, have you told your kids they will have a lower standard of living then you and that thanks to the incompetence of our previous and present governments they are already 10s of thousands of dollars in debt?

Comment

I have no answers for this. I see injustice and greed everyday, common place in my community, my province, my country and by those with the ability to help others. I believe in patriotism to my country, and wonder why in countries that you picture their own governments do not appear to help. i wonder why some people are worth $20 billion or more when others starve. Personally I hope to have enough for my wife and I to support ourselves when unable to work, after a lifetime of hard work.

If you wish to and can afford to help by donations, that is admirable, but trying to shame others is not your responsibility. Hopefully our country, financed by our taxes, is active in this endeavor. If not, possibly you would direct your efforts to those entities that can be effective.

Comment

Gotta love it when the leftards think that punishing low income Canadians (of which I have become one due to reversal of fortunes) with Carbon taxes in order to pay the pensions of fat cat civil servants is going to fix the environment and alleviate shortages in the third world. Best thing that happened here is the lower gas prices so we can keep more earnings. Need to raise that so commuting to work is more expensive is the thinking of the leftards. They are pretty sure that none of this is going to affect them.

Comment

Anthony Furey of Sun media has an excellent column "Climate elitists wage war on regular people". It is well written, all Canadians should read it.

Comment

The bigger problem in the future will be the changing of the electoral process.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                I can certainly be corrected but isn't it Russia and the present Syrian government forces bombing Aleppo? And I am not defending any government but historically I would say many wars have been over control of resources.

One of the driving forces behind the political left in Canada is to stop any more developement of pipelines and any expansion of oil production. So this will increase the demand, production and export of oil from countries like Saudi Arabia, Algeria, Iran and other countries where only a wealthy hierarchy benefits and certainly less environmental controls exist. Again you emphasize your belief that our standard of living in Canada is to high and needs to be lowered. As a farmer I think we look at our farms as multi generational and as such the goal is for each successive generation to have a better existence than the previous one. I am not sure how the government of Canada requiring provinces to increase our taxes and make my farm less competitive against my closest competitor, the USA, is a benefit. The fertilizer I buy, the freight costs I pay, the electricity and natural gas I use will all be more expensive. The natural gas I use to heat my house will be taxed at increasing rates but it will also raise in price due to it being used to replace coal in electricity generation. Law of supply and demand. All this cost to reduce our carbon footprint in the world from 1.6% to 1.55%. And in Alberta we won't be addressing the need for more revenue to pay for government services that cost 11 billion more per year than the government brings in for revenue.

One other thing Grassfarmer, have you told your kids they will have a lower standard of living then you and that thanks to the incompetence of our previous and present governments they are already 10s of thousands of dollars in debt?
                Well said Hamloc. 👍🏻

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...