• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So grass Explain why we have a Carbon Tax Coming!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So grass Explain why we have a Carbon Tax Coming!

Click image for larger version

Name:	14666249_10154404750836480_7072685187187476974_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	777339

Here is why I think we don't need it and its all about transferring wealth to East.

For one nano second does any one on here really think that if all the coal oil and Natural gas was under Quebec and Ontario that we would even be considering such a bull shit tax.

a Tax is a Tax is a Tax.

Trudeau 2.0 is bad for Canada and he will destroy us.

Its really really simple. It's so you use less fuel, so you think about the future for next generations, not be so god dam greedy burning free hydrocarbons like they will last forever, and then start investing in alternative energy that can one day replace hydrocarbon energy.

Now STFU with your charts and your pictures justifying your greed and start making a change for the better.

Its really just that simple.

Trudeau isn't destroying us, its your entitlement that is going to destroy this country. And by your and you, i mean all of us. We are a terrible lot that will be hated by future generations as ones who absolutely didn't care and were wasteful with what we were given.

Sent from my iPhone with the $80,000 140 liter tanked Escalade idling for an hour melting the snow off of it with the heater going so i don't have to sc**** it and get cold.
    Last edited by tweety; Oct 9, 2016, 10:39.

Comment

Well I have a Energy 2000 home a high effecient furnace and water heater.

I direct seed

etc etc

so yea i did my part.

Didn't buy the Solar tractor yet as its 100 years away.

Similar our fuel is good for 100 also my kids kids will be dead by time its all gone.

ITS A TAX!

Comment

No you didn't, you haven't even begun to do your part. Either have I.

Comment

What have you done Tweety?

We have a abundance of Oil its Wealth but lets leave it in the ground and not use and go on a tangent with wind and solar.

Comment

Tweety i never figured you for a global warming alarmist! Chill out. The rest of the world is!

Comment

This has nothing to do with global warming. Or about being an alarmist. I suppose you could argue we will never run out of hydrocarbon based fuel like Saskfarmer did who thinks the only people that matter are him and his kids, the rest of the generations are on their own.

As i see a few inches of snow on canola swaths here, i would say global warming has been cured.

But the fact oil is non renewable and of limited supply, and we will run out, well that one won't go away.

Comment

Thank god for nuclear power !

Comment

I'm gonna really lose my shit if proceeds from this carbon tax go to oil company subsidies and not investment in renewable energy. I think a lot of people will.

Comment

Current use of nuclear will last about 80 years, about as old as Saskfarmer. If nuclear ramps up, it will last a lot less. Nuclear is non renewable.

Comment

Just an observation. This new generation "saves" nothing. Throw away society. (MAYBE) Recycle stuff that might leave a bigger environmental footprint than simply burning it or sending it to a landfill.

Their grandparents knew "want".
                      Their parents new "want" less.
                      They saved stuff that items/food were bought in. Food containers, bags, jars. Oil pails.
                      There was a "depression" mentality(and I don't mean mental health) there was little to be had so when you got something you valued it. The further we get away from that time the less value we place on "disposable" items.
                      Junior gets driven in an air conditioned vehicle to the artificial ice hockey rink in the heat of summer.
                      How many lights are left on in city office buildings during the night...when no one is there.
                      Oneoff mentions flare gas being simply burned off.
                      4, 5 or 6 trucks from the same company showing up at a work site with one person in them.... all idling away in winter, or summer "keeping the cab cool".
                      Driving grain past 3 terminals that have either been mothballed or past active ones for "a better deal".

Is there waste..... think?

Comment

Tweety has really said what needs to be said. A friend of a friend posted the comments below on Facebook in response to a young photographer who had posted some of her images there. I have reproduced a few of her images. Think about this over Thanksgiving SF3 and decide whether you have "done enough".

"I have a feeling that we are not particularly comfortable at examining how our privilege inoculates us and, especially, at examining the possibilities of down-sizing our personal "lifestyles" in an at least symbolic effort to come closer to a world-average level of materialism."

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.28.00 PM.jpg
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	765136

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.28.08 PM.jpg
Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	765137

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.28.43 PM.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	765138

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-10-09 at 12.27.49 PM.jpg
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	765135

Comment

Thanks for posting those Grassy. It certainly makes me think anew about Thanksgiving.

Comment

Not even remotely true, tweety if you think beyond our tiny world of energy potential.

A space shuttle bay of 25 tonnes of helium 3 contains enough energy to electrify the US for 1 full year. Its value is $3 billion/tonne, and can be extracted from moon dust.

Ever wonder why countries want to get back to the moon, but I see a gas farmer objection in that it would destroy the moon's environment, so it has to be left in the moon soil.

Comment

We all know those pictures are hard to look at. But no body likes their bags being packed for them for a guilt trip someone else is sending them on.

You think most of us don't know how ****ing good we have it? Everyday! I may do the most pissing and moaning on this site, whine and complain, but it will never be about the lack of " how good I have it" but the bullshit environment I do business in! Never go to bed hungry unless I "choose" to. And when I do go to bed it is a comfortable place to lay. I am warm in the winter and if I want to be, cool in the summer. For Christ's sake...I am smart enough to know I have it better than my parents and A LOT better than my grandparents.
                              Born into the First World is not a crime. There is opportunity here where there is absolutely none in some other parts of the world. Does this somehow make us "bad"?
                              Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 9, 2016, 14:39.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...