• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I did go out and get a glimpse of the situation this afternoon. The ground is not froze yet and the snow settled some. We'll see. Worse areas than ours that's for sure.It is definitely a disaster in some areas. Cannot turn a wheel.
    Neighbor's canola
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000229 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	765128
    The Flax
    Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_000230 (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	765129

Comment

Originally posted by grefer View Post
      It looks like winter here. Standing crops are 80 percent flat now. Rain all day Tuesday, snow all Tuesday night and wind and snow all day Wednesday. Swathed canola has snow banks beside them. It's hard to imagine how this will melt and then dry up enough to combine again this fall. Time will tell. How is it your way Hobby?
      The best laid plans of mice and men.....I guess about 6 inches of snow and relentless wind for 2 days. The hemp looks like about 25% collapsed and there will be some shelled out. I didnt look too hard, I dont want to get all stressed out over it. I am 55%done, filled aeration bins with tough oats being dried now. I still have a quarter of swathed oats out there, I "stole" enough faba beans to fill a contract and all the hemp is still out. I spent most of the harvest season driving the combine around looking for dry/mature grain to harvest. Im pretty sure I will get to harvest whats left of the hemp. The remaining crop, its hard to say, it is very possible. I usually look for the worst case scenario, and...well...Im not calling in the custom sprayers yet. It will work out, just not quite as planned.

Comment

Oh **** guys it will melt and at least be in enough condition to get to a dryer....the tow strap attached to the combine that will get used every 30 feet is what I am dreading

Comment

I guage it by how many trucks in local skidoo parking lot, and today she was packed.

Comment

It's looking ugly. I have tried to remain optimistic this harvest, but since the 20th of August we've had only 9 days (part days included) where dry/close to dry grain could be binned. We didn't end up with the snow quite like SK did, but it's wet and forecast to get wetter over the next couple days. The longest it's taken us to get done harvest is a few days after thanksgiving, but this year, it looks like we wont be back in the field to look at the near 50% still out there until after thanksgiving... A november finish even with great weather is looking more and more likely. For East Central AB this is absolutely uncharted territory. For those that are done, I relish your situation. For those that have some or alot remaining, lets hope like hell Mother Nature plays hard to get with Old Man Winter for at least a month after this first date of the year...

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
              casered...just trying to spread a little optimism and give hope. Us being done is no big feat...2500 acres and we never got the constant rain others got. Super grateful.

I'm not trying to be a "Zero" and rub salt in wounds. I don't know why I feel the need to defend myself...
              I'm just jealous we're not done. Haha. Sorry for the ball busting.

Comment

Hemsdale this has been nearly a constant issue in EC Sask for the last 10 years. Grain dryer and patience has helped a guy survive...and the odd rye coke press. Be prepared for some long days when the weather breaks.

Comment

That is one issue the days are getting shorter colder!

Comment

We ended up with 4 inches of rain and approx. 10 cm of snow.
                    We were thankful that we only got an inch on Sep 22 & 23.
                    We were able to get back in the field on the 27th.
                    A few are done combining, most only needed another couple of days, some need a week or better.
                    Nothing is going to be moving here (W of Gravelbourg) for a while.
                    Enjoy family and friends this Thanksgiving.

Comment

A huge area south of the Bfords .
                      A lot of crop out in that area

Comment

We were lucky not to get snow yet..
                        Area has roughly %25 out.
                        I remember a few World Series' we were going. Thats my hail mary for this year anyway.
                        I predict less standing canola for next year!

Comment

Standing Canola looks really Bad. Really Really Bad. Flax is a twisted fracking mess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...