• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The most important graph about global warming

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most important graph about global warming

Click image for larger version

Name:	400000 year temp record.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	777336

I challenge anyone to look at this graph of temperatures over the past 400,000 years, see where we are at currently, and decide if the bigger risk is of temperatures going up, or down from here? If this were a price chart for a commodity, would you go long, or short at the current juncture, which has the biggest risk vs. reward? It looks to me like we have already over stayed out welcome in the warm duration of this cycle.

Who was the Neanderthal Meterologists who recorded those temperatures? Just like any prospectus: Past percormance isn't a guarantee or indicator of future performance......

Just being Devil's Advocate

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
      Who was the Neanderthal Meterologists who recorded those temperatures? Just like any prospectus: Past percormance isn't a guarantee or indicator of future performance......

Just being Devil's Advocate
      How true, but it does appear to be in a trading range, with lower highs and lower lows, on two visible time frames, looks like a confirmed bear market to me. Probably the big picture is too big for any one generation to have to worry about. But I know I wouldn't go long that chart for at least a few more tens of thousands of years. The upside would appear to be fractions of a degree, the downside about 8 or more degrees. Not a good risk reward for a long trade. Has been in overbought territory for too long, but perhaps is just coiling for a breakout, what do the chartists say about failing to get through resistance 4 or more times?
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Oct 5, 2016, 16:07.

Comment

Cycles.

Comment

I makes me sick that they are promoting global warming at schools .
          If the focus was on air and water pollution without this global warming scam - that would be a good thing .
          But they push the climate change boogeyman to promote scams that will make zero difference to the climate.
          Problem is big money don't want to be accountable for the physical pollution

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
            I makes me sick that they are promoting global warming at schools .
            If the focus was on air and water pollution without this global warming scam - that would be a good thing .
            But they push the climate change boogeyman to promote scams that will make zero difference to the climate.
            Problem is big money don't want to be accountable for the physical pollution
            I look at all the true pollutants that are still being released around the world, and think of how even a fraction of the money being spent trying to stop CO2 emission would be so much better spent on actual pollutants and real problems.

I make certain my kids understand the difference between pollution and CO2, because the schools do their best to confuse the matter and keep brainwashing them into believing that CO2 is a terrible pollutant.

Comment

Raw sewage and plastics are by far worse than the little bit of carbon dioxide coming from the relative low amount of fuel we burn per acre of crop grown . Especially with DEF systems now .
              If they were serious about reducing c02 , mandate 50% bio fuels - problem solved
              Not this Carbin scam

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                Cycles.

Yeah, problem with these little social media shares is credibility - when they don't know the difference between "buy" and "by" how much confidence can you have in their scientific and mathematical skills?

Comment

Go ahead grassy - disprove those numbers

Comment

What u gonna say when temp drops 2-3 degrees? 1993/2004 were way worse than the last 10 years. Imagine have consecutive years of cold weather. No soybeans or corn for canada.

Comment

The big issue of global warming would mean that it would warm to a point that would spin us into a cold trend. Not a year or two either. That's why theories like the switching of the Gulf Stream are interesting to know. Global warming doesn't mean stable, higher temperatures. It means less predictable, more unbalanced systems.

Would the world get there on its own anyway. Sure.

Can we stop it. No.

Are we contributing to it and helping speed it up. Pretty much undeniably.

Are there other things to be concerned about. Sure.

I'd like more focus to be given to agricultures ability to sequester carbon. If we're going to be taxed on what we make, it should be taken into account what we sequester. More than any oil industry anyway. That only makes for a more well rounded education anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                        I look at all the true pollutants that are still being released around the world, and think of how even a fraction of the money being spent trying to stop CO2 emission would be so much better spent on actual pollutants and real problems.

I make certain my kids understand the difference between pollution and CO2, because the schools do their best to confuse the matter and keep brainwashing them into believing that CO2 is a terrible pollutant.
                        Ya the next thing the dang schools will be teaching evolution and sex Ed

Comment

Global warming is just an excuse to raise tax revenue to pay off Liberal/NDP supporters mainly the public sector for their support at the ballot box. Going to have to fund those pensions somehow. Mind nobody believes this scam that did not vote Liberal/NDP.

Comment

Hitler... The bigger the LIE the easier to sell it...something like that. Same with climate change Nazis.Click image for larger version

Name:	bish55.jpg
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	765121Click image for larger version

Name:	bok.jpg
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	765122Click image for larger version

Name:	payne.jpg
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	765123Click image for larger version

Name:	ramirez.jpg
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	765124

Comment

Impressive graph. 400,000 years! But for how many years has man been around to influence the weather? 10,000? Which would be just the last mark on the graph until the end. And how long has man been truly reliant on fossil fuels for transportation, food production, etc which MAY affect climate? 100 years? On a 400,000 year graph, 100 years is less than a pin point so to infer that man has no effect based on this graph is ridiculous.

There is no doubt there is a long term radiant solar cycle and that climate changes with it. But that does not mean man has no effect. Nor would a 400,000 year graph show the impact of a significant change in the last 100 years.

Furthermore, the increasing rains and current snow in Saskatchewan does not prove global cooling or climate change one way or another. It is weather not climate. The case could me made that the storm is a result of a warming planet, which is resulting in the disruption of the jet stream which is increasing moisture in that province.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...