• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It was fun while it lasted

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was fun while it lasted

I hit a dry spell for almost 2 years. That sure made farming more profitable and fun....Last week 1.8 inches of rain disappeared in no time in my dry land and I was carrying on as normal with field operations. As of now I have another 4.2 inches with a shitty forecast till next Sunday.

The soybean harvest is sure dragging on here. With the high humidity, fog and a few morning rain drops we were not able to start until 2-3 and done at or shortly after 8(better than banker hours) lol...I would have been very close to been done if not loosing 2 of the last and best days for harvesting. I had a break down and parts did not get dropped of at our JD dealer so I had to run around the country for them... I have a friend that fixes and sells starters, alternators, aeration fans etc. He was telling me how frustrating it is getting to tell a customer he can have the new part in the next morning but it was forgotten to get shipped, so then the customer goes to the dealer and pays twice the amount and my friend is out the time he spent seeing if he can fix the part, ordering the new one and dealing with the customer. He is from a farm and does not blame the customer but is getting pissed at his suppliers workers.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...