• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's left and how good will it be.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's left and how good will it be.

Is the crop still getting bigger? Is rain still making grain? Will the quality of what's left out keep a lid on good quality grain already harvested?

This is obviously "S" rated..... meaning may contain sarcasm.

Mildew, sprouting, bleaching, loss of weight, etc...

Harvest conditions will be brutal....how long do you wait before getting back at it? As the days tick by....do you even chance waiting for better conditions to harvest the crop when you can?

What % of the Western Canada harvest is complete? Might be a good idea to hold your quality grain ladies and gentlemen.

We got .58 of an inch but it looks like more because the ground is already moist. Swaths could be slow to dry out if the ground is saturated. Short harvest days with early evening humidity. But let's hope things improve. Indian summer is always an opportunity but I've seen them very short some years.

Comment

75mm (3") here and no sign of letting up.
      Sloughs are spilling over.
      Nothing happening here for a couple of days, weeks, months, who the h--- knows.

Comment

12 mm Sunday
        36 mm Monday
        more forecast,,,
        enough said.
        oh ya, I can't believe how warm it is this morning, good sproutin' weather I'd say.
        PTL, we have very little left out.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	holbert.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	765115
          +1C here now, global f*cking warming SAVE US!!!. Quick, release the CARBON POLLUTION, aka CO2, oh great all knowing, DICTATOR Justin, get the blanket over us!! "Ice Age a comin" repent oh Climate Change Nazis!!
          Last edited by fjlip; Oct 4, 2016, 10:35.

Comment

Canola stocks will be rotten and go through like shit through a goose!

Comment

Too funny Fj....

SF3....unless they stay wet! ;-(

Comment

Have flax left.Hope I can put it through better after a frost.Straw before kept wrapping around beaters and when the roll let loose there would be a huge thump.Good flax crop hope I get it.

Comment

Got soybeans off yesterday , got them at 13.5 moisture
                  Pot hole canola - was about the same lol
                  But it's all done

Comment

Congratulations! on being done furrow.

We had a two inch rain today. We were getting kind of dry. Tongue in cheek.

Oh well the last will be a big struggle as only a handful are done around us.

Creeks running and East was worse some one had Melville at 5 inches but not sure.

Comment

Excellent moisture conditions in western canada for 2017, prices should be going down already.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...