• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worldwide Weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worldwide Weather

Reading in a few places that I regard highly not climate deniers or believers just analytical meteorologists there thinking we are moving into a slight cooling period now.

Not sure how it affects us all nothing about increases or decreased rainfall just a cooler period which may last a decade or more.

Biggest weather production risks in my farming years on Canada prairies have been drought and early fall frosts. Excess moisture has increased costs and taken land out of production but not reduced yields very much.
    Unusual to hear it, but some climate change believers say we would be big gainers from warmer and wetter years and opposite to much of rest of world which would lose productivity.
    Can understand concern from rest of world but Canada politicians might end up backing off support for U.S. and European environmentalists.
    How far do we go helping rest of world if it costs us more?

Comment

at my spot on the planet we have had increased rainfall since 2000 but will elaborate.

We plant in april may with rains that fall in those months basically and our season goes to oct/nov when harvest starts.
      Peak rain is in june july aug tapering off in sept oct.

But since 2000 those wet months have been dry to almost record dry but our summer and early autumn dec jan feb march usually dry bone dry have become very wet pushing our totals up.

So weve been getting more but maybe not useful except guys who have summer rainfall pastures Lucerne and veldt grass

Comment

Originally posted by Hopalong View Post
        Biggest weather production risks in my farming years on Canada prairies have been drought and early fall frosts. Excess moisture has increased costs and taken land out of production but not reduced yields very much.
        I agree with that Hopalong - only problem is with increasing temperatures the risk of drought increases. I don't think we can assume that warmer will be accompanied by increased rainfall.

Comment

Cooler to 2051

Comment

What have i been saying for years. Bring the droughts on. please we need to play catch up on east side and get our farms back. Sorry west sask.

Comment

Catch up ?
              Tell that to the thousands of farms who were basically flooded out and lost huge amounts of crop this year in western Sask. And about to get even wetter this week .

Comment

Iam very very concerned for next year already. We will freeze up saturated. And sloughs full if we get a large snowfall we are in big trouble.

Comment

By the sounds of it every farm on the prairies is saturated/drowned out/ in sorry shape already for 2017. So where shall we find optimism, positive ideas to be ag vocates? I am at a total loss to see any thing to get excited about for next year! How is your farm, or should I ask Thursday?

Comment

The farm will have to look after itself. I'm gonna patch around the chimney tomorrow. Hate when it rains inside.

Comment

Sometimes it feels like I farm on a different planet.

We pretty much seeded wall to wall this spring. Last fall we reclaimed a bunch of slough bottoms and were able to seed right through them this spring. Some spots were barely seedable-but we did, they never drowned out this summer, and produced grain albeit maybe not as good as the ground around them. This fall the ground is "wetter" relative to last fall so with any meaningful amount of snow I can't see us getting in those spots spring of 17.

Even during the last wet spell we never lost alot of acres but you didn't have to go too far east of here and it was a different story. While other Producers were filling out too wet to seed forms we got most of ours....ya we may have lost a few acres but I don't even recall filling out the form and if we did get a payment it was too small to make an impression on my memory.

If a lot of you don't do well in a wet cycle... we seem to do not too bad, the topography and soil texture probably is a big help(remember we do have a bit of a mixed bag of tricks here so some of our dirt does collect water). But if some of you guys do better in a dry bias and we are part of that.... we will be sucking hind tit and having trouble finding it!

So what does 2017 hold for us? Back to the slum of the Ghetto? Who knows, time will tell.

But the crop of 2016 was the best my dear old Dad has ever seen on this farm. All the stars lined up.
                      Last edited by farmaholic; Oct 2, 2016, 21:29.

Comment

Good job Farma! The grain buyers should be beating a path to your door!
                        Actually compared to the last few years our crop turned out darn good too.
                        Got plenty of soil moisture now but not as wet as last fall which froze up with puddles lying all over. That is going to change in the next few hours.

Comment

I have never been hurt by dryness. But out of the 25 crops I have grown, at least half have been negatively affected by too much rain. AT LEAST HALF. Some years wetness has robbed 100% some years 20%, and other years like this, looking like 75% yield loss.

1988? Excellent year here. The dirty thirties? Never made an impact here. 2001 to 2003. My best years EVER.

Look forward to dry again.

Comment

It seems that many meteorologists who aren't extreme warmists are discussing global cooling.

Personally, I hope for the best but plan for the worst, that means hope global warming is true, regardless of cause, but plan for the inevitable global cooling.
                            Then there is this guy, Theodore White. Typically I have no use for astrology, but I do read some of his work to see what he has to say and how it turns out. He has been fairly accurate. And he is calling for decades of cooling starting next year. And of course, he is asking for money....

http://solarcycle24com.proboards.com/thread/2624/farming-weather-global-cooling-2017

The delays because of all the attention given to 'man-made global warming has received much attention over the past 25 years, but evidence from the past clearly proves that sudden global cooling has occurred - and with severe failures of agriculture.

If you extrapolate from dendrochronological evidence, then I can say the following:

Approximately once per century there will be a drop of about 0.5 to 1 degree Celsius in mean temperature worldwide.

Therefore, once every 200 or 300 years a danger to agricultural production *will* happen.

About once per millennium there will be periods of 5–20 years where temperatures are seriously below normal.

I have forecasted the arrival of global cooling to come in solar year 2017. In this post, I advise farmers to prepare for the period of time from 2017 to 2025 - a eight (8)year period that will ultimately determine every farmer's ability to survive the next 36 years (2017-2053) of global cooling that I have forecasted.

Consider this,

A dangerous sudden cooling event will happen sooner or later. Ability to change to cold-resistant crops rapidly in large parts of the world may be necessary to avoid major famines.

That time is fast approaching and is nearly here, as I have been forecasting for well over a decade.

The evidence indicates what is next is planetary cooling, not warming. This is the natural cycle driven by the activity of the Sun.

The fact is that global cooling is far greater threat to agriculture. What farmers are about to experience will make global headlines - for many years to come.

Farmers *must* prepare as daylight wastes very much in this matter. Mother Nature, that's the weather, holds all the cards and what she says about the climate and weather goes for everyone - without exception.

Under the climate of global cooling, harvests can be delayed - even ruined - with crop yields substantially reduced.

Generally, farmers can expect delayed spring planting seasons due to colder and wetter-than-normal weather, along with increased cloudiness, irregular and cooler summers, plus earlier-than-normal frosts with poor soil quality - all because of the adverse weather.

I expect some regions where grains will remain green well into September and heat units, a term used to measure the temperature-dependent growth potential of specific crops, will be low - especially for corn. But even this impact pales in comparison with what will happen as we go deeper and deeper into the era of global cooling.

My warning for farmers is due to my knowledge as an astronomic forecaster of the climate and resulting weather conditions that will strike the northern hemisphere, especially North America. What you are about to witness and experience will be arctic conditions that will challenge everything you know about farming.

It is essential for farmers to learn about cold and wet-resistant crops and to make significant adjustments to their marketing plans as well due to the radical weather everyone is about to face. It begins next year, in 2017.

Global cooling, a mini 'ice age' is coming and if you are not prepared then you will suffer.

For instance, the last time the Earth faced global cooling, Western Europe experienced a general cooling of the climate between the years 1150 and 1460 and a very cold climate between 1560 and 1850 that brought dire consequences to populations.

The colder weather impacted agriculture, health, economics, social strife, emigration, and even art and literature. The increased glaciation and storms also had a devastating affect on those that lived near glaciers and the sea.

The impact on agriculture was substantial:

The growing seasons were altered by 15 to 20 percent between the warmest and coldest times of the millennium. That is enough to affect almost any type of food production - especially crops highly adapted during near full-season warm climatic periods like the one we've been in since 1980-81 (solar-forced global warming.)

That cycle, which produced record crop yields, is now ending, as I've been forecasting.

During the coldest times of the previous global cooling era, England's growing season was shortened by one to two months compared to present day values.

One of the worst famines in the seventeenth century occurred in France due to the failed harvest of 1693. Millions of people in France and surrounding countries were killed.

The effect of that global cooling period on Swiss farms was also severe. Due to the cooler climate, snow covered the ground deep into spring. A parasite, known as Fusarium nivale, which thrives under snow cover, devastated crops.

Additionally, due to the increased number of days of snow cover, the stocks of hay for the animals ran out so livestock were fed on straw and pine branches. Many cows had to be slaughtered.

In Norway, many farms located at higher latitudes were abandoned for better land in the valleys. By 1387, production and tax yields were between 12 percent and 70 percent of what they had been around 1300.

In the 1460's it was recognized that this change was permanent. As late as the year 1665, the total Norwegian grain harvest is reported to have been only 67 - 70 percent of what it had been about the year 1300.

Back in 1815-1816, toward the end of that Little Ice Age, the Tambora volcanic eruption in Indonesia resulted in a worldwide temperature drop of 1.5 degrees Celsius. It caused massive crop failures in what became known as "the year without a summer."

Snow fell in Albany, N.Y., on June 6, 1816, and there were hard frosts every month of that summer throughout New England that year.

History also shows that the Northern Hemisphere is far better off with warming than global cooling.

Cooling dramatically reduces plant and animal ranges, so agriculture benefits with longer frost-free seasons and more heat units.

But, the AG industry and farmers have been tricked by ‘climate change’ proponents into believing something that does not exist – and that is man-made global warming.

Billions of dollars have been diverted away from preparing for global cooling and serious environment concerns like air, land and water pollution to something that is literally impossible, and that is anthropogenic global warming.

The US Government has known for a long time that runaway global warming is simply not possible. Most people do not know that a 1941 Department of Agriculture climate report covered it.

Back in 1941, it was known, quote, that "no probable increase in atmospheric carbon dioxide could materially affect either the amount of insolation reaching the surface, or the amount of terrestrial radiation lost to space."

And thirty years later, NASA’s two top climatologists reported that runaway greenhouse effect is not possible.

I continue to state that there is no such thing as 'man-made global warming,' that is, 'anthropogenic global warming (AGW) - it does not exist and cannot exist because of the laws of thermodynamics and physics say that it cannot exist.

It is literally impossible for the Earth to ever become a classic greenhouse because of human-based carbon dioxide emissions.

But, rather than to forecast they have mandated carbon dioxide restrictions to “fight climate change,” – which has been a farce from start to finish.

It is the activity and condition of the Sun’s variability that is the cause of all climate change and its variability is modulated by the planets in our solar system.

The Sun’s variability corresponds to previous warm periods in our present interglacial era. It also accounts for the existence of colder periods like the ‘Little Ice Age,’ (1350-1850) when solar activity was very low.

These swings of climate change matter because they have taken place regularly over the last few thousand years.

Now, after 150 years of recent warming, the Earth is facing at least three straight decades of significant cooling.

I have been forecasting for over a decade that we have been poised to see solar activity fall off dramatically and that means real trouble farmers, for agriculture and for the world’s Ag output.

Finally, as 2017 nears, more scientists are finally coming around to seeing things my way after I consistently forecast over the years that global cooling was on the horizon with the Sun’s new solar cycle #25 beginning its quiescent phase, or Grand Minima.

It is my forecast that solar cycles #25, #26 and #27 will see the Earth undergoing a significant decline in temperature with horrendous weather conditions that will seriously harm farmers worldwide who are not prepared.

For instance, one of those scientists, Professor Valentina Zharkova has confirmed my astrometeorological forecast that the coming decline in solar activity could indeed extend for a straight 30 years. More scientists are now seeing what I have been saying for a long time - and that is the advent of global cooling due to the Sun's quiescent phase.

Comment

like free , we are always on the verge of too wet . have lost many crops to water including a lot of this one . fields are so rutted and wet , next year is going to be a challenge . water actually trickling out of side hills and oozing out of ground . opened some ditches with the quad where they were rutted and water runs out for days , coming right out of ground . on a brighter note , combined all day yesterday , beautiful day here. flax not dry , but easy to dry . put us over the 80% done !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...