• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunting and R.M. maps

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting and R.M. maps

Just a thought, I wonder why rm maps don't have no hunting on land that farmers have that they want posted. Signs go missing and if it's on a map which hunters are supposed to have wouldn't that work? Funny how guys ask for permission when they get caught. If the maps have quartes marked no hunting that should answer their questions.The saskatoon moose draw in zone 44 is in full throttle. If the rural folks think crime is bad now wait till December when all the hunting is done. Right now guys can drive around see who's home and what time during the day or evening, what's on your yard, where the exits are etc etc etc. I'm not saying all are bad but there's always a few out that can't resist the temptation. I had a nice little pile of sheds in an out of the way place on my yard that my dad and me collected over the years. He died 10 years ago this august. Last winter some hunters decided that they should have them. I know because a neighbor saw them on the yard. Just an example. Further more not to be petty but if I can't get a moose draw and enjoy my land then why should someone from saskatoon be here doing it. Don't get me started on the bird outfitters either. They want to use your land to outfit Americans for free!? LOL. I let goose hunters on my land but if it's outfitters forget it. I asked one who wanted to set up one time if he was going to cut me in for using my land. He said no I said beat it and if I catch you out here I'm calling the cops.

What a good idea! Is there an app for that? If there was a weekly updated map hunters could access they could just look up and see posted land.

Sometimes guys don't want hunters on until crop or cattle are off then don't mind. Don't want to be bothered putting up and taking down signs so just leave posted.

In this day of tech should be do able.

Comment

Hunting season is license to prowl around and snoop to see what "goods" are in inventory. That sounds like a super idea that you register your land as no hunting and RM colours that land on the map. If the guy wants to hunt in RM, he has to buy a map.

Comment

I think hunters have to be held accountable for gates, cut wires..etc ....so by making them buy maps and have to tell/ask where they are going only makes it better and safer for everyone.

Comment

funny story here , lots of locals have been putting in for draw elk in 43 for 5-8 yrs to no avail . I put in with friends from saskatoon using saskatoon address , got drawn second year . local farmers have virtually no chance of getting drawn on their own land . no one can convince me that is a fair system . just feed the elk all year and then turn a bunch of strangers loos on your land , oh and shut the f$&k up about it . just think back how many times have locals asked to hunt on your land ?? it's always city people asking and most of the assholes don't even ask . they steal stuff , f$&k up all the dirt roads. they have already drove over standing crops , swaths etc. here in 49 and it's just getting started!

Comment

What you guys are just now starting to figure out you have no actual property rights in Canada and we are all just working at and for the pleasure of the Queen and crown? Did you enjoy paying for the kids holiday the last few days in BC? know your place peasants.

Comment

....shoot
              ....process
              ....and shut up

Every cattle or grain Producer, who pays rent or owns property, should have the right to one large game per year if you want it. A simple permit.

Comment

That's a great idea, then crop insurance will know who not to cover for wildlife e damage.

Comment

Originally posted by ado089 View Post
                  That's a great idea, then crop insurance will know who not to cover for wildlife e damage.
                  Haha exactly. Great idea

Comment

The farms who have the habitat, should for sure get tags every year to fill the freezer. The better the habitat, the more tags should be allotted. I love hunting, I live for it. But I HATE how other guys "hunt". I hate when guys who push down every single stick on their land, then come to our land and have this sick sense of entitlement to sit in their trucks and cruise around the fields.

This year I put up some large signs, and will have no mercy on trespassers. And if I catch the idiots who stole my game camera, and drove through a mile of standing barley to get to it, I will have no mercy. At all.

Comment

If every successful hunter drove across 1/2 mile of standing crop to remove one moose, I'd call that an excellent trade off. The moose will trample that much crop 4 times a day for the entire season, the hunter only once. My problem here is finding enough hunters with moose or white tail tags. Only 4 moose draws for the entire management area, and I had 12 resident moose in one little field all last fall. I have found some natives to help with the problem.

Comment

What if the hunting license/tag had a GPS on it which the hunters have to carry. Then wildlife officers could track where they have been. If you have cut wires or trespassing they could see right away who it was. Or am I dreaming?

Comment

Good examples of another totally rotten system. There are alternatives...but no chance of any ever being implemented.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...