• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looks like heavy rains !!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like heavy rains !!

NW of Lloyd , that don't look good on radar , going straight north

Hope to f$&k it misses us

Comment

I think we are back into the shitty mud years again, just got the ruts all leveled out from the last flood years. I would bet we get the shitty weather again this week. Quill lakes are going to flood out the highways next year, ill bet on that.

Comment

while I know environment Canada is not responsible for the weather we get.

but How can they be so wrong even 12 hr.s out.

the last week has been a gong show. the forecast changed every day or twice a day, and still was no better than 50/50

yesterday and last night were prime examples.

yesterday AM the call was 30% chance of showers that evening. and the 2 days of fair weather.
        300 acres left , that looks ok .

wheat testing 18-20 in morning 17. by dark, so hold off.

then last evening , forecast , changes to gusty winds this am and showers beginning in the evening, today .

we will give her today and get most of the 300 off at 16. maybe 15.5

wake up to fog and drizzle , that they kind of failed to mention.
        kind of important

and now forecast wet weather as far as they can predict.

I would have went at 17 , last night had they mentioned the drizzle.

I should not bitch too much , with that much left ,
        but bang your head against the wall.

Comment

Poured this morning at home. 4/10 by the time I left for work and foggy as hell. Windy now though, which may help.

Most every crop is testing tough although some canola is squeaking in under 10. Barley is actually getting worse, even before the rain.

Farmers here are now predicting end of October before they're done.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaithin View Post
            Poured this morning at home. 4/10 by the time I left for work and foggy as hell. Windy now though, which may help.

Most every crop is testing tough although some canola is squeaking in under 10. Barley is actually getting worse, even before the rain.

Farmers here are now predicting end of October before they're done.
            some here thinking the end of May !

Comment

The rain can take a flying leap all of next yr.mud bowl dot Com.

Comment

Fukin poured here ..... Hard

Comment

Sawfly, I so agree. I'm so angry some days when they have David Phillips on the radio, he sounds so smug and smarmy. He doesn't have a clue and couldn't give two shits about the consequences of their forecasts, yet us as farmers, are making decisions worth tens of thousands of dollars day after day in the spring and fall, betting they're going to get it right this time. There are never any consequences for them, no, they just keep going to work day after day for EC and collecting their government pay cheque.

Comment

Agee sawfly, it's become a joke , this is 2016 not 1950

Comment

Turn the radio off.
                      Forecasts lose %50 probability every 12 hrs at least.
                      Try and explain to city friends Mother Nature doesnt have any feelings.
                      Send the bill to Suzuki.

Coastal like weather here tonight. Wettttt.

Comment

Originally posted by boarderbloke View Post
                        Sawfly, I so agree. I'm so angry some days when they have David Phillips on the radio, he sounds so smug and smarmy. He doesn't have a clue and couldn't give two shits about the consequences of their forecasts, yet us as farmers, are making decisions worth tens of thousands of dollars day after day in the spring and fall, betting they're going to get it right this time. There are never any consequences for them, no, they just keep going to work day after day for EC and collecting their government pay cheque.
                        What about the 134 mil that Harper gave so we would get more accurate forcasting? Kind of a joke.

Comment

NEVER TRUST A FORECAST. ANYONES. To many times they're wrong.

Comment

Agree with border bloke. David Phillips is the kiss of death with his forecasts. Whatever he says you can pretty well bet it will be opposite but no consequence. Totally unanswerable and he comes off sounding so confident year after year even though the hot dry summer and awesome harvest weather he predicts have never materialized.

Comment

Hope it stays windy all night, maybe we'll stay on the outside of the front. Right now it is tracking north.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...