• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish I Sold The Swather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wish I Sold The Swather

Fricken tough going till 230pm and its been swathed for 3 weeks now. F'ing lumps and beaver huts, glad I have a reversable rotor, guy in yellow one aint so lucky. Hes been hanging on a 5ft long wrench for half the day.
    Last edited by biglentil; Sep 28, 2016, 17:04.

Tell swather guy not to make big piles...when end starts to plug on swather..stop.swing that end back a bit. Then soon as pile starts to move drive ahead..never back up or beaver huts are made..never stop for more than a second or two. Swath roler levels small piles that are not even noticeable.

Comment

Get a bigger swather why dont ya.

Comment

Got into standing canola today - what a dream to combine . Very low sieve load and excellent sample . 55 lbs / bus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	765103Our swathed was 55 lbs also. Finished up today DRY canola, now raining! Agree make small lumps NEVER back up the swather. Always cut with the lean. West side if fields were a MESS.
          Last edited by fjlip; Sep 28, 2016, 23:25.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5952.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	765105

I have to question why any one would want to Strait cut Canola. Four year project we have been doing 600 to 1000 of our acres with strait cut. Funny so far the only benefit would be harvesting maybe one after noon earlier after a major rain but thats it. Todays varieties still aren't actually their yet. Close but not as good. Plus now with the surcharge for seed for direct cut seed. Sell the swather is fading from my mind. It has a place for panic if you get behind swathing last section or two is easy swath at 96% colour change. Same results. Also all know it doesn't matter Yellow Green or Red you still have a top speed of 2 to 3 MPH. Vs 5 to 6. So with 25% left to harvest we can really make time now since the swath is good and rotten.

With the extra seed costs go buy your own boat and keep the seed savings instead of trying to win a boat.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
              [ATTACH]664[/ATTACH]

I have to question why any one would want to Strait cut Canola. Four year project we have been doing 600 to 1000 of our acres with strait cut. Funny so far the only benefit would be harvesting maybe one after noon earlier after a major rain but thats it. Todays varieties still aren't actually their yet. Close but not as good. Plus now with the surcharge for seed for direct cut seed. Sell the swather is fading from my mind. It has a place for panic if you get behind swathing last section or two is easy swath at 96% colour change. Same results. Also all know it doesn't matter Yellow Green or Red you still have a top speed of 2 to 3 MPH. Vs 5 to 6. So with 25% left to harvest we can really make time now since the swath is good and rotten.

With the extra seed costs go buy your own boat and keep the seed savings instead of trying to win a boat.
              Like like like like like like like

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                [ATTACH]664[/ATTACH]

Hey Sask, we still swath ours too. I find our short season doesn't lend itself well to straight cutting canola. Late rains & short days, the stuff seems to grow thru glyphosate or Reglone if conditions present themselves.

Swather question for you... How are you able to get the gauge wheels to work in the inner location on your header? I swear on our 5200 header they welded the receiver tubes on the frame at the wrong angle...

Apologies if that's a daft question but maybe they changed something. Ours swathers our 2013 9725 MF.

Comment

snowed canola take 3

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                    snowed canola take 3
                    Yuck!!! Where is that makar?

Comment

Peace country, south of spirit river.

Comment

Canola laid in the swath for a month and a half, through several inches of snow and rain. None the worse for wear!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...