• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biggar Area

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Biggar Area

Still lots of issues with rural crime happening in the Biggar and surrounding area. Seems like 3-4 times a week something is going on.

What's going on?

Comment

Farmer's currently in pursuit of a vehicle with 5 plus individuals in it north of ruthilda after they were spotted in a farm yard by stranrare! Keep your eyes open ppl! Started in stranrare went to Darcy and back north to ruthilda!

Comment

[URL="http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/fear-in-farm-country-saskatchewan-farmers-take-up-arms-after-masked-men-enter-land"]http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/fear-in-farm-country-saskatchewan-farmers-take-up-arms-after-masked-men-enter-land[/URL]

Comment

Is that tonight, the rcmp were after a group their last night also. When they lost them, started stopping everyone in the neighbourhood. Buggers sure can drive, seem to know every backroad. People are chasing them and somebody's going to end up rolling their vehicle. 150k on a back road, it will be a mess.

Comment

And its not just people off the reserve stealing stuff out here. Friday, it was 2 punks out of the city, stole a suv from the esso quickymart. Guy from town followed them to Perdue, turned them around and got them coming back to Biggar. Called 911 and told them to get RC's to get them on highway when he got them back to Biggar. Cops never showed, punks came into town and the guy quit following them, didn't want any innocent bystander hurt. Found suv in a slough later that day.

Comment

RD414 you live in the area also around Biggar? South of Biggar was also hit last Tuesday night.

Comment

With the lack of strict penalties and our "slap on the wrist" justice system we now have a huge problem.
                Thugs in native gangs appear to now be ripping off farmers from Biggar and Rosetown knowing that they will never go to jail or have a serious consequence.

It sure would be an improvement if we revised our self Defense laws so farmers could defend our property.

I sure hope no innocent farm family member is injured or killed due to these criminal thugs.

Comment

The guys Tuesday night were not taking much, stealing a little gas and driving around in peoples yards. They were backed up to my sons Quonset at 5 in the morning when they were discovered, and after a 1.5 hour chase they got away. Guy doing the chasing really regretted not picking up his cell when he left the house.

Comment

Arrest them and buy them a one way ticket to Iran, Iraq or Saudi Arabia with nothing but the clothes on their back and see how they like the justice system in those countries.

Even if you weren't taught right from wrong, isn't there an innate sense for knowing the difference? No moral compass? At all?

Comment

It must be very scarey living in thug territory. I would never feel safe having my family or pets outside or even in the yard. . Another disconcerting story: Did the media report on the suspected murder in Yorkton?

2 high school students have been arrested in the muder of 67- year old Mr. Skoretz. Just happens that I played with Lawrence as a child.

If they want your car, your wallet, your whatever, give it to them, do not resist, now it seems young thugs are carrying weapons that make gaping holes in your body.

There is great surveillance camera technology and beepers (Just saw a good one that responds to your celphone at Home Depot -on sale) on your laneways.

What kind of security have you installed?

Comment

Just saw a news report showing farmers with guns beside them in the truck - we have a lot of skunks running around. With 1 or two cops covering hundreds of miles of vast prairie, what is the solution? Newsreport says farmers have organized watch groups and are chasing carloads of uninvited visitors at speeds of up to 160 km on country roads. in 1976, the Sedley Fowl Supper at the church was robbed. Many parishioners gave chase. Two local middle-aged men were ambushed on the road and shot-point blank. All over $1500. This is serious s____t.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          It must be very scarey living in thug territory. I would never feel safe having my family or pets outside or even in the yard. . Another disconcerting story: Did the media report on the suspected murder in Yorkton?

2 high school students have been arrested in the muder of 67- year old Mr. Skoretz. Just happens that I played with Lawrence as a child.

If they want your car, your wallet, your whatever, give it to them, do not resist, now it seems young thugs are carrying weapons that make gaping holes in your body.

There is great surveillance camera technology and beepers (Just saw a good one that responds to your celphone at Home Depot -on sale) on your laneways.

What kind of security have you installed?
                          We have this thing, https://www.aartech.ca/dakota-alert it works well and has alerted us to many unexpected vistors during all hours. I was concerned it may not work well at -40 but so far
                          its been without issue.

Comment

Most farms here have put in security cameras and signs all over , it has slowed things down here a lot ..... For now

Comment

We don't nessesarily need more policing just more teeth in the justice system when these terrorists are caught , black or white or purple or pink or whoever they are

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.