• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minni December wheat gives back the gain.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minni December wheat gives back the gain.

It gave back basically the last two day's gains. I knew I shouldn't have wrote how many bushels each sample bag represented that I took to the terminals for grading! LOL--- I wish!

July Minni...$6.82 CAD without basis.

Would true basis be what the grain is sold for at port position less what you got on your check. Not Minni minus your value.

We need some standards established.

I wonder what West Coast Port position prices are for July. Kinda far out? Would any business be written that far out now?

Has anyone determined what a "fair" basis should be? The last yardstick I have that was transparent but probably based on an inefficient system was per tonne deductions from the old monopoly system. How many efficiencies were gained and not passed down or at least "shared".... where did the "trucking incentive" go? Max elevation charges, unit train rail freight incentives, terminal cleaning charges, loss of CGC inspections, elevator and rail rationalization and consolidation. Without knowing the costs of what makes up the basis how can we determine if it is fair?

What do the Riders and wheat have in common.... they're both in the tank.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 26, 2016, 17:35.

I did ask for $5+ to close last week and that turned out. I didn't ask for $4.94 and a half

4.88 and a half - line in the sand.

Comment

Lets buy the wheat market a sports bra or jockstrap for support.

Comment

mallee..... how bad was the frost Down Under?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...