• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Trudeau's Tweet celebrating the Chinese canola deal.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    The problem riders is that it's good for the graincos.

What about premiums for farmers that have less than 2.5 dockage or count it as zero dockage.

And what about trying a smidgen better to get to the 1 percent limit?

Seems the government went to bat for the graincos ....not so much for the farmer. ...

Transparency in the marketplace like knowing international standards would be nice. And help determine what farmers have to provide without getting ****ed. ..
    What? Are you kidding? No canola dockage premium for you until 2020. Wow I can't believe you would even make that kind of suggestion! You should be gratefull to have the line companies make canola sales for you. Imagine if canola did not go to China, what then? substitute your canola acres to 90 bu/acre wheat for cash flow? Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Comment

I know it is hard for folks on here to give pretty boy credit for anything.
      I might be in that camp too.
      but something is better than nothing.
      maybe good relations with the old man, actually helped get the deal.

a lot more than we ever got on the rail way mess a few years ago from Harper and crew.

as for the grain co.s stealing the 2.5 % at port , well if they do not get it there , they will just take it in basis anyway. because they can

just like any business , you will do what you can get away with.

it is our own fault, if we farmers could not maintain their own stake in that end of the business we get what we deserve.

just like deluding your selves that 2 private railways are some how going to compete in a land locked market. ( are they that f ing stupid ) I don't think so

yet right from the new pc ag critic's mouth that same BS is coming out.
      what planet is he on .

as far as Trudeau goes , not expecting much , but hey give the man some credit. so far

better than a 50,000$ fine never collected from the railways by Harper . pathetic
      Last edited by sawfly1; Sep 23, 2016, 23:54.

Comment

Hobby

Could be wrong but I sense a bit of sarcasm?

I shouldn't comment... havent grown canola in 3 years....
        Last edited by bucket; Sep 23, 2016, 23:49.

Comment

Yes, Sawfly.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
            Hobby

Could be wrong but I sense a bit of sarcasm?

I shouldn't comment... havent grown canola in 3 years....
            Originally I was thinking sarcasm, then I realized sask farmers dependancy on canola for cash flow. I started trying to guess what the price of canola would be if China decided to take a year off from buying canola seed, meal, and oil.
            I am not terribly political bu I am thinking like the other posters, PM selfie may have just done something effective! Time will tell.

Comment

OK so Trudeau gave the industry/graincos 4 years to do better.

It's not that I don't appreciate what he's done but much like the railways. ...what will change by 2020.....and is there any thing in it for farmers?.....

Comment

We should remember the shrinkage issue irritant, and what happened when the irritant was removed from your stub.

Nothing happened. It just went into the basis fudge column.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...