• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm still not convinced....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Braveheart View Post
    Our L140P was flat. Grown on over applied hog manure, loaded with disease, hailed to 10% damage. Yield from the grain cart scale recorded 45 bushels,per acre. Combined with a CIH 9120 at average speed of 4.75 mph with MC 35' flex d****r. If it had been standing better speed would have been higher. No green stalks as RT 540 at 85 % seed color change did wonders.

Wind damaged neighbours swaths but not the standing. Hail in adjacent not swaths was twice as high damage.

We combined standing canola literally hours after rain that delayed swath combining by a day and half more.

We'll do more straight cut it's a great tool for us.

It won't be Bayer! They can merger themselves right into **** off.
    So your the guy that the canola council talks about that is throwing 5+ bu/acre out the back. No way you can go that fast with acceptable losses with that combine. No way any rotary can.

Comment

Haha. Well I'm not on the Canola Council's Christmas card list anyway, even though Patti Miller and I go way back. You or anyone are welcome to ride with me next time. I admit we don't take time to throw down boxes, but rotor loss monitors zero, sieve loss monitor just shows a bit of green sometimes, tailings very low. I'm not looking to turn this into the combine forum, but, we have a small tube rotor (new combine for us) in this 9120, and it is awesome in canola.

If we'd had an extra 5 bus/acre that would have made the yield 50+.

Swathed canola similar speed but it's not as smooth on the combine. Straight cut, with the MacDon header, is very smooth feeding.

Comment

Haha. Well I'm not on the Canola Council's Christmas card list anyway, even though Patti Miller and I go way back. You or anyone are welcome to ride with me next time. I admit we don't take time to throw down boxes, but rotor loss monitors zero, sieve loss monitor just shows a bit of green sometimes, tailings very low. I'm not looking to turn this into the combine forum, but, we have a small tube rotor (new combine for us) in this 9120, and it is awesome in canola.

Swathed canola similar speed but it's not as smooth on the combine. Straight cut, with the MacDon header, is very smooth feeding.

Comment

I think it varies a lot by area . here in the swamps , days are to short . straight cutting stops just before sun hits the trees , unless wind blowing . we were able to go until midnight last night although it was tough going at the end . headers went to the yard about 6:30 every day unless a wind was blowing . and the wind only blows here in June when we're trying to weed spray

Comment

c
            Originally posted by Braveheart View Post

we have a small tube in one and a large tube in the other . sure hard on this small tube to keep straw out of sample . it is brutal in flax and alfalfa ,unless stars are aligned . we put mad concaves in ( two sets ) and helped a lot . but the big tube sure takes a lot more power and fuel . I'm glad we have one of each

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...