• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6151.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	777319

Well that week was a bit better till Sunday Fricking Plow wind and then 3/10 rain. But on the positive the wind the next day had us back in the field a day later.

So Officially today most are just rounding the corner or hitting the 3/4 mark done in our area. We are at the Half way point and in normal fashion no break downs first half move and spend a few thousands in the next 4 hours finally at end of day a gear box on cart and that hopefully isn't how the next half will go. $400 for bearing and housing for Honey bee head. Really its two bolts and bearing that goes on end of pump. Parts are way out of line. Also its a new style so not available in our dealership drive mr farmer and find it. From road lots of harvesting taking place.

Some places aren't farm friendly. Five hours to unload five semis and your only 5 miles away. Put the tweezers and magnify glasses away grade normal it all goes into same bin and we get paid same grade so shouldn't it move faster. Could of drove loads to feedlot in Alberta and found out it was closing quicker.

Funny all along the chain it seems workers and Business feel that they Need no Deserve there share from the farmer and get to charge accordingly. All parasites need to make money for the business and workers and you have to starve mr farmer. Some thing is wrong with the system.

Wait for parts or go get parts no Bolts or No Nuts really you can't stock bolts. Or Rms that can't fix the same hole that has been in the road for last 6 months. You fix it and then they want to start legal proceedings because your not suppose to fix roads.

Ag needs a reset real bad or is it Me generation that every one is special and you can't offend them. F$%K me its sickening.

Any way here we go.

Wheat most have finished desiccating and most are almost done the Wheat harvest. Yields are strong where water damage hail damage excess water floods geese didn't take there toll. Funny to look at yield maps 60 plus on good land then it drops to 40 and zero in nice flat land then back up on higher elevation. Water runs have shit all. So over all its a average crop. If I farmed just one section of wheat that is Sloped to Creek I would have called it the largest wheat harvest ever. But if its on close to thirty quarters of wheat its a average yield. One thing lots did this year is contract and deliver to elevator instead of bagging or bin crop. Kind of like the American way. Wheat harvest deliver and Bin the rest.

Durum seen some early samples and its easy 3 down to 5. Ship to Swift or Moosejaw no deliveries here.
    Not sure how long that will continue. Double spray maybe should hold a three but not sure.

Peas and lentils are done any thing late or left is shit.

Oats coming off or just getting sprayed. Yes sprayed the shit won't die till hard frost or sprayed. Yields early are strong.

Barley is off for most part any thing now is feed and lower yield.

Flax most have sprayed and harvest will begin shortly.

Canola early yields are proving the guys first in the field maybe aren't the winners this year. Week later and looks like that is the higher yield. Actually normal seeding of Canola after the 16 seems to be the best for yield disease etc. Funny fields worked last fall or burnt or what ever are also higher in yield.
    Yield will be similar to wheat if I just farmed the one section that drains 100%its a 60 plus year. OH but when you average it with all the quarters that had hail rain excess rain floods wet shit slimy mess its a average yield.

Soy is shutting down fast after last weeks cool night of mild frost. Yield could be on par with last year.

Corn also is filling but maybe some burrowing worm in it.

Pastures are getting down to a 7 with livestock being moved. Odd guy still doing green feed seeded July 1 Oats barley mixture.

So most are at half way or better the big rain event that is coming will stall harvest I fear and could push us into October. But its still early and not November yet. Sat one year all Oct. and harvested in November.

Grain prices are in the tank big time offered 9.40 for Canola told in same breath Book my seed. Yea like that will happen.Canola seed the big boys must off figured out that they were coming out with to low of seed prices off the hop and then the independents would lower and then the big boys would change. Looks like same this year big boys came out higher and now will drop once guys tell them to F$%K off on seed were harvesting. Most programs for Basis are tied now to you Mr farmer taking fert and Fungicide. Fert is down not buy as much as I would like. The companies in Canada are trying to dictate a higher price than the USA counter parts. Ammonia shouldn't be at .38 it should be around .34. S15 shouldn't be at 600 575 it should be down at 525. They are trying to play us first to blink mentality.
    Why farmers think that they should buy now because thats what the companies want. Tell them to go F$%K them. Thats how prices drop. Not Oh yea your right I have to buy now to get the best deal. Fert world wide is dropping every day yet here it can't bull shit.

So be safe guys its just a crop that the big boys will take plus all in the industry will ask for there peace of your pie and leave you with the crust. The ones at home are way more important than any crop.

Tell your areas story and yes albertans I feel your pain we got rid of the NDP and its actually nice here. Ah wet is wet welcome to the club harvest isn't easy either.

....half section of flax left. But will wait to start. It needs a bit more time. A hard frost would be nice to kill the ever-green BASF Agcellent Headline straw!

Harvest and work safely.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 22, 2016, 07:06.

Comment

Need two days, but 2.75" rain forecast by Farmzone could ruin everything left after that. Fields will be impassible, perhaps even next spring. Thinking of fall banding but that wet could kill the idea. Most at 75% or better in this area. Canola left, canary seed perhaps, see no flax, some oats with that green straw. Pioneer always drying OATS! I have seen dozens of crappy harvests, survived but they all took a toll on what might have been. Many know what I mean. Good luck.

Comment

Done harvest yesterday. Big weight lifted when the last swath was picked up.
        My combine queen did it again with her long hrs.of never getting tired.
        Good luck to all still going.

Back on the sprayer today.
        Post harvest the whole Farm is the plan.

Comment

SF3, so based on yield maps where will you put fertilizer next year? Everything is upside down.

Canola: I'm afraid we're addicted. Crush margin keeps getting bigger and we just keep delivering.

75% done here. Looks like amounts for the upcoming rain might be backing off slightly. But it is going to be wet for days, that's for sure. Saturday will not be pleasant for us.

Comment

http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=658704&posts=6#M5542562

Comment

Have to agree Sask3, with the NDP in Alberta, the only industries hiring are government and government subsidized green energy everything else is shedding employees.

Peas in central Alberta are 80% in the bin. Last year my peas yielded 60 bpa, this year 55. From what I have heard most pea yields are down a bit. Quality seems average some downgrading due to earth tag, fields are very wet.

Faba beans are dessicated local fields haven't been harvested yet so no idea on yield but the stands look good.

Some wheat is being combined. Yields are off from last year. In my case grew foremost last year averaged 82 bpa. This year I grew penhold, first field went 75 and second field high sixties. Penhold has a bit bigger kernel and better color. Haven't had protein tested yet.

Barley not sure what to say. Malt in our area is F**ked with rain every 3rd day. I haven't combined any and finally dessicated 2 fields to kill all the green growth. Some barley has been harvested depending on area the yields all over the map.

Canola 85% is swathed. Stands look good. In my case I combined 100 acres so far looked really good but yield in this field is about 50 bpa about 8 bpa below last year.

In my case with lower yields, lower prices in both grain and cattle it is a belt tightening year. On the bright we only have got the combine stuck once and I have lots of feed for the cattle. May the next week be drier than the last!

Comment

Im not sure because the yield maps show we wasted what went down in the flats.

But in our case it was all because of two storms in late may that dropped 3 inches of rain in one area of our farm. Pea size hail that looked like snow. These areas drowned out and never did recover. Similar to 2010.

The area was 1/3 of our acres so really hits like a hail storm in july.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...