• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cypress Hills Grasslands MP David Anderson New Conservative Critic For Agriculture

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cypress Hills Grasslands MP David Anderson New Conservative Critic For Agriculture

Any opinions on Mr Anderson?

Parliament hill will be busy again as MP’s return to the House of Common’s following their summer break.

Cypress Hills Grasslands MP David Anderson will have a more significant role, he is returning as the Conservative’s Critic for Agriculture and Agri-Food.

“Well obviously I’m going to have to get up to speed, agriculture conflicts vary across Canada. I would think that a couple of the major issues right off the bat would be trade issues. There are issues with canola and blackleg with the Chinese government. I think the Chinese government needs to understand a little bit more clearly that just because they have a bumper crop, they can’t be throwing up trade barriers to other people’s product coming into their county, so we are going to try and make sure the government is even more aggressive on this,” he said.

Anderson says other key issues include grain transportation and marketing, and trade negotiations around the TPP and CETA.

“I’ve always had an interest in the contracts with the grain companies, I think they need to reflect fairness the companies and producers. That has been a personal issue of mine to kind of say these contracts need to have responsibilities on both sides that need to be met, so we will be looking at that as well,” the new Conservative Critic for Agriculture and Agri-Food.

Bucket would be best to answer this question, because as I recall he is his MP.

Comment

He did shit when in the governing party. Open market....****ing guy doesn't understand the concept.

No transparency. ...

No reports. ...

No one using Canadian exchanges. ...

Any time you have grain cos just picking target prices ....it's not a transparent open market.

Here's some easy facts for 2016

2.1 million metric tonnes coming to float off the west coast.

Railways are barely over 500000 tonnes weekly....

They are 5 weeks behind in rail shipping already.

Anderson and his cohorts couldn't write legislation to stick against the railways or grain cos ....

I think he is a ****head. ....

If he says anything ....Macauley is just going to come back with...."what did you do in eight years? ????"

That's right. ...gutted farm programs.....never once called the graincos to task in 2013 or the mess again in 2016.....allowed greater consolidation while losing some good farmers......blah blah blah. ...

I was going to call and point out some issues in the heart of durum country but remember our last conversation. ...might not be worth wasting my breath.....he believes in commercial freight rates....

I think rail rates should be linked to the BDI.

And there should be competition on railways....he says there is no operators willing to come and joint run ....he is a colossal lark for the establishment corporations....that might give him a board seat before 2020....
      Last edited by bucket; Sep 22, 2016, 05:13.

Comment

It's a fact Bucket, he had very disappointing performance. Now if Harper had been Grant Devine 😂 Harper's MP's must have got up in the morning, Harper stuffed an old sock in their mouths, bound their heads with duct tape and shoved them in his closet.

Now if H****r would have been Grant Devine, things would have been different.

Comment

Isn't he some type of religous minister as well. Politics and religion don't mix, unless you are a Reformerof coarse. Thanks, Bucket for reafirming what we all knew Anderson is all about

Comment

My dad use to laugh at me.....just like Macauleys going to laugh at Anderson. ..

Difference is I know why my dad laughed at me....Anderson will just carry on...

And you are welcome forage.

I was duped by this religious freak as actually giving a shit about farmers....he doesn't. ...he cares about himself....and his masters
            Last edited by bucket; Sep 22, 2016, 11:06.

Comment

Holy shit Bucket,

Why don't you let us know how you really feel.

I appreciate your opinions and was wondering about him, had not heard much about him when the Conservatives were in power.

Is there any conservative members who know and care much about agriculture?

What about any other liberals? I have not seen or heard much from the current Minister of Agriculture.

Anyone know Goodale well? He probably needs to know the new guys needs a kick in ass.

I did hear some one was talking to the Chinese about canola import issues, a good sign.

Comment

This is a good example of what's wrong with the conservative party.

That and Andrew Sheer aka Alfred E. Newman running for prime minister.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...