• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Never trust a forecast...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never trust a forecast...

Yesterday the chance of rain was taken out of the forecast for today and tomorrow, this morning's forecast put it back in....make up your fudging minds!

Thursday night, Friday and Saturday is forecast for outright rain. Not a "chance", but rain. All our weather (rain) prone crops are safely in the bin.

Work safe trying to get and protect your investment.
    Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 21, 2016, 05:19.

2 1/2 inches predicted, WTF!!!! COME ON!!!!

Comment

Enviro Canada?
      This fall they are putting out the worst forecasts bar none.

Comment

Thats the one I'm referring to. I also subscribe to Lerner's forecast. Some days I don't even get to read it from the desktop.

Comment

Southern SK locations could get close to 2 inches by Saturday evening.
          The way this system is looking I don't think anyone knows exactly where the most rain will land.
          Lots of other areas 1 inch plus.
          Looks like lightest amounts for SK will be along the Alberta border north of the S SK river.

Comment

After this next rain event this harvest is going to be well in to mid - late October before some get to the end
            Some here are getting close if they missed all the rain and light showers 10 days ago .

Comment

Im hoping for once were yorkton forecast nothing till saturday!

Stay south of valley

Comment

Sorry about along the border, but hope it stays there, we need 3 days, looks hopeless, even if cloudy. Drying canola already, was at 10% by 6pm. Melfort better than Wynyard, we are half way.

Comment

Ya possibility of only trace amounts for east SK till Saturday. I'm thinking it's over for us on Friday.

ICBW, hope so...

Comment

70mm in some areas Saturday? Uggg. This morning is so wet with dew and no sun it is similar to rain. I am starting to wonder what it would feel like to finish harvest before the end of October already.

Comment

Fog lifted now rolling back in.could be a zero day.

Comment

fjlip, "Sorry about along the border" Most of the crop is in the bin down here SESK. Largely soybeans, along with flax and some canola, swathed and standing. Shouldn't damage crops, but sure would be nice to see one more week then everyone would be done here. Rain on the radar riding the border is mostly just sprinkles but the forecast is ugly for Fri-Sun.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...