• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting this bad in Sask ....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting this bad in Sask ....

The farmer south of Battleford did not draw his gun first - a lot more to that story to come out too

The truth isn't always politically correct.

Hopefully the media can start to focus on facts instead of giving attention to the FSIN and who can get the largest crowd out to a court house.

Comment

too bad the news media couldn't be held accountable for playing the race card on that fiasco . yea I heard the true story , they're sure going to have egg on their face when the facts come out .

Comment

Would anyone here be able to fill me in on the details that the media isn't reporting? Without compromising the case of course.

Comment

Well the drama is kinda cool. Never been in that situation. But all my life had the right tool for the job in the truck!!

Comment

The drama won't be cool when they come in your yard and threaten or assault your wife and or kids when your out harvesting .
            The disturbing thing is these things are happening in broad daylight now. They have become "invincible" in their minds.
            Anouther truck was stolen just west of The Battlefords last Thurs , mid day , right out of the same field the guys were combining and neighbors were hauling grain every 15-20 min right past where the truck was parked. Guess what , it was a black SUV .
            It is getting out of hand.
            Buddy of mine had an incident in his yard the same night as the Fisk attempted armed situation . Sad , but now the shotgun is in his bedroom.
            I don't think the police, the Justice system and especially the Joe public have a clue as to the gravity of the situation .
            All the neighbors here are on speed dial and have one eye on harvest and the other watching everything around at all times.

Comment

Sorry. All these things together would be over the top stressful for me.
              Explain the *** bullshit reasoning why you dont get more policing.
              Untouchable on the rez i suppose?
              Why isnt this on news more. Right, we have the cbc who reports it their way.
              Carrying weapons around is no way to live. Wheres all the antigunners when u need them.
              Too wild west for me. More people need to know about this.

Comment

Most have been afraid to speak out because others and media scream racisism instantly.

Comment

Furrow

We farm and reside right up next to a "First nation" and have more than my fair share of issues, I think you hit the nail on the head .

Comment

We had a crime spree around here last spring. Not this violent though. What happened was a closed Facebook page dedicated to watching out for everyone was started up. It's private. Admission based on being invited by other members so the bad guys couldn't read it. Within weeks There were over 600 members. It's much bigger now. Among the members was the wife of one of our local law enforcement officers, so he had access to it. Basically you cannot go for a drive around here without thousands knowing, and either a picture or description of your truck being posted. Any slow back road cruise will be noted. Some interrupted breakins were posted virtually in real time.

What ended up happening, we think, is that word got out that everyone was being watched, and it's been quiet for months now. Lately an electric fencer has been the only loss.

The odds of the police being anywhere even remotely close to a crime in progress are slim to none, so its up to us to be their eyes.

Comment

We are the opposite. I went to school and farm some land right beside a First Nation. Nice people, productive. I have no expectations of being harmed, if anything they would try to help or I could park a breakdown at their place.
                      Like any community there is the odd small time stealing, drugs and alcohol issues but thankfully nothing like you are describing.
                      Furrow I believe what you are describing. This is not a race issue as the media is portraying, This is a theft, vandalism and harassment/terrorism issue.

Comment

Exactly hobby

Comment

I live in the area and I know a lot of people and many of them are armed in there combines, and at there yards. Its scary around here. I just hope nothing happens to anyone.

Comment

I agree with the sentiment that its not a race issue but its a crime issue and its a safety issue and its an issue that needs to be addressed properly fairly and quickly. Before things Do get even more out of hand.

Comment

Perhaps instead of cowboys and indians we should be playing military and indians?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...