• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That bad in Alberta?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That bad in Alberta?

Article in Huffington Post says the economy is so bad in Alberta, people who depended on the energy sector
    are forced to give up or abandon their pets. Is it really that bad out there?

The costs of owning a pet is a HUGE rip-off. You pay dearly for the emotional attachment and companionship of Fluffy. Vet bills are ridiculous. Good pet food is ridiculous. Treats are a crazy price. Even doggy daycare!

If Rex got sick in the old days....he had an appointment with Dr.Winchester or Dr. Cooey, now....

Once you're bonded and attached and into them for a spay or neuter and a couple of other vet bills when do you stop?

A dog is always happy to see you. Lock both your dog and wife in the trunk of the car, let them out after an hour...who is happier to see you?

Comment

It will have to hit rock bottom before it gets better.

Alberta voters dealt themselves a death punch by electing a member of the church of St. Suzuki to be their premier in conjunction with another climate kool aid drinker becoming PM.

It will take a while to find out that windmills, solar panels, unicorns, carbon taxes and singing kumbya won't balance a budget.

Farmholic, where do you come up with some of your funny analogies regarding a pet vs wife? 😂

Comment

In the last 2 years Alberta's economy has contracted over 6%. Over 100000 people have lost their jobs. Our government's answer increase corporate tax, personal tax, beer tax and a new carbon tax. Their answer to replace these jobs is government subsidized jobs in craft brewing and a predicted 7000 jobs in green energy without saying how much government will invest. Oh and I forgot an almost 50% increase in the minimum wage by 2018. I guess I must be economically illiterate, I fail to see how any of this leads to attracting business investment.

Comment

I dont figure on giving up my pets I am going to eat them as deer season opens Nov 1 and to a lot of those acerage people they are pets,but tasty! As for those poor energy workers they already had dinner but they didnt worry about the poor old goose , they picked her clean,now they have nothing to eat.

Comment

Alberta's vision and economy now has to be retooled entirely.

Energy markets are not going to be the flagship for our recovery. Fossil fuels may be a doe-doe bird in 20 years.

Canada's economy as well as global economies may remain in serious decline for at least another 2 to 3 years (IMO).

Excessive federal government infrastructure spending now comes at a high cost to our next generation.

It's the voters choice to bring in governments that 'kick-the-can' rather than 'pay-the-piper'.

Comment

Well we certainly have not hit bottom yet. Carbon taxes don't kick in till January. There is suddenly a lot of acreage type property and small farms for sale around me. Couple of years ago you could not find anything like that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...