• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of farming is organic

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The future of farming is organic

Here is where the next big investment in farming is coming from.

https://youtu.be/dWIeNuAjN74

Yes that is Elon Musk's brother

Ya and the only guys making the BUCKS will be processors and restaurants and grocery chains.
    Farmers will get SFA as usual. Vegetable organic maybe, field scale grain does NOT work, see that across the fence every day. 100% weeds. But grain is carb is evil, corn is sugar, ethanol is energy losing, livestock waste grain/water, so eliminate all those and bam, too much real food again! Wow 50% of Midwest land will transfer ownership in 10 years?

Comment

Well ado089, is hobby on the right track?
      How is your "orgimic" panning out this year? First year...beginner's luck?
      And that yellow mustard, satisfied with the production results?
      Haven't heard from you in a while.

Comment

Really only a trend in the wealthy nations.

Comment

You know sometimes I wonder if that isn't the way to go. U look at the costs and the RISK we all take for what? Nobody cares that isn't in this business. As long as theres food on the shelves you will never gain sympathy from a city dweller. Most have no clue what our costs are and the slim margins we deal with. All they see is the shiney machinery and vehicles we drive and say What does that cost? If u can afford to have expensive stuff like that u must be doing well. Those people have to go hungary in order for them to show any concern for what we go thru. End of whine.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
            Really only a trend in the wealthy nations.
            Wealthy nations as in Cuba?

Comment

Organic is growing because the only sector of the economy that is growing today is public administration. Meaning the wealthy today are government workers and they are the driving force behind the expansion of the organic sector. (I knew AB was done when polls showed the NDP polling a majority among high income earners) They live and work in fake environment and as such can afford to believe that which is not true as it is true. People like myself who are worse of today than 5 years ago have to find ever cheaper products in order to survive so there are no so called organics in this house.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                Organic is growing because the only sector of the economy that is growing today is public administration. Meaning the wealthy today are government workers and they are the driving force behind the expansion of the organic sector.
                You obviously "believe that which is not true as it is true."

Comment

For ****'s sake.... you may not like the production "method" of the food I produce but it is real food in it's rawest form.... What the PROCESSORS do with it after I grow it and how the "MANUFACTURERS" of "ready to eat food" mix those processed ingredients---is YOUR problem.

The attack is on the wrong sector of the food chain.

God I'm tired of being blamed for something I didn't do!!!

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                    Well ado089, is hobby on the right track?
                    How is your "orgimic" panning out this year? First year...beginner's luck?
                    And that yellow mustard, satisfied with the production results?
                    Haven't heard from you in a while.
                    It would be good to hear Ado's opinion of organic. He is doing both methods of production which would be a very good comparison. There is the production costs, grain prices, and marketing/getting paid.

Comment

Originally posted by farmaholic View Post
                      For ****'s sake.... you may not like the production "method" of the food I produce but it is real food in it's rawest form.... What the PROCESSORS do with it after I grow it and how the "MANUFACTURERS" of "ready to eat food" mix those processed ingredients---is YOUR problem.

The attack is on the wrong sector of the food chain.

God I'm tired of being blamed for something I didn't do!!!
                      You have a very good point. Farmers do no participate in the recipe of the food. Pre harvest glyphosate may find its way into the food but you dont have to change that practice until it is scientifically proven.

Comment

You know sometimes I wonder if that isn't the way to go. U look at the costs and the RISK we all take for what? Nobody cares that isn't in this business. As long as theres food on the shelves you will never gain sympathy from a city dweller. Most have no clue what our costs are and the slim margins we deal with. All they see is the shiney machinery and vehicles we drive and say What does that cost? If u can afford to have expensive stuff like that u must be doing well. Those people have to go hungary in order for them to show any concern for what we go thru. End of whine.

Comment

Never been to Cuba. Maybe some are organic by necessity.
                          Would love to stop feeding the beast. But if not chem co then machine and fuel co.
                          Land costs are my biggest single expense. Organic has never penciled for me. Not enuf paid for acres.
                          BTW, I still see big bad companies raking all the profit. Always will until you're part of the company.
                          The future?? Will depend on the cost of the food supply itself and the percentage of income paid.
                          Watching China and India an indicator. Remember with them, its not what they say, but what they do.

Comment

We all should have stayed organic from the fathers/grand father days..There would be alot less grain in the world..Our prices would be through the roof now..Instead we all fell for grow more bushels..make more money..

Comment

Hobby, I hear your hint of sarcasm loud and clear. "That" day is likely coming but will have little affect on our operation.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...