• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T Storms Sept 18 ?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

T Storms Sept 18 ?

Line of storms W to E some HAIL in Wadena...a little late for white combine? 2/10" over nite, dark clouds everywhere now.

No rain right here.. butt ugly windy here. Canola swaths waving and vibrating. Wonder how the standing for straight cutting canola is holding up?

Comment

Saw lightning in this area east of Edmonton last night as well. I suppose it is still officially summer. No frost here yet.

Comment

Can one honestly say swathing or straight cutting is the best?

At the end of the day Mother Nature calls the shots. She wants it. She takes it

Iceman out

Comment

I agree ice. I might hate rain snow frost hail wind, oh wait mother nature wants it she takes it.

Comment

I can't find the ****ing time to go look for a field of straight cut canola so I will have to takes someone's word as to how its done in 60 km/hr winds. If its semi lodged and well knit together I assume it would have faired quite well. Standing straight up and waving at you.....not so good!

Comment

we were straight cutting canola today in the 60k+ winds. Despite the crop being the biggest mass of material I have ever seen and being tightly knitted together the wind was playing havoc. I think about %-10% shelled today I would guess. It is interesting that when we started the field the yield monitor was about 8 bushels per acre more than later in the day after the winds. The swathes in same field I would say barely fared better..lots of white stating to show on tops of swathes and they were whipping around. No matter what you do, mother nature always holds the trump card.

At the end of the day, I came home and plugged in my phone only to jam a bunch of canola seeds deep into my iphone connector. Those little buggars get into everything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...