• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAD

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAD

The CAD has had a bad week. Last year a low dollar was a factor. Smoke and mirrors I know, but it may keep local grain prices from going down more yet and it may keep grain moving if the dollar is weak/weaker.

If a large part of that fx is pasted on to the farmers the grain will leave the bin, if the graincos are simply going to pocket the fx within their bogus basis postings(as they've done in the past) then it'll be a standoff.

Comment

Funny thing is grain isn't moving.... a lot of floating space at West coast plus 750000 tonnes at port and railways are only moving 450000 west per week.

If you thought 2013 was bad....run those numbers

Comment

Within an hour of the farm there is 40000 tonnes space....they don't know what to fill it with....and that also means they have missed one turn of volume.....
        Last edited by bucket; Sep 16, 2016, 09:02.

Comment

Same story locally... empty elevator but they're always taking the wrong thing

Comment

I read someplace this morning Rayglen is suggesting peas are on a record export pace. Sure doesn't feel like it, prices dropping

Comment

There is a lot of baloney being served by the buyers. They will pick off the farmers that need the money. Then terminal blames railroad, railroad blames terminal, farmer pays and the first two continue to generate profit and pay respectable salaries. Then the the kiss on the neck "thank you farmers" on the radio!
              Then all the young smiley faces in the agvocate video. Wow. The whole thing is just surreal!

Comment

Thanks hobby.

I thought it was just me that's thinking the money spent on being an agvocate seems a little odd.

Comment

Its a giant smoke and mirror show.

If our dollar is where its at they are getting 2 more from you Mr. Farmer.

Ah its such a Bull Shit Occupation.

Every one else gets to screw you.

F$%K feel like a Crack Hooker.

Comment

Funny you say that SF3.
                    My high school principal was a very well regarded person and he also farmed 15 quarters. He had a great sense of humour.
                    After he retired from teaching we would cross paths at the cardlock. Everytime he would see me he would say "so.....how's tricks?"
                    That always made me laugh.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...