• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Legal advice

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you go through the business plan did you feel all the costs and incomes were taken into consideration? You know your farm best. Do you mind me asking why the bank rejected the plan?

Comment

I think the projections were not good enough. Trying to get my working capital back into the positive but wasn't quick enough for them I guess

Comment

Perhaps you could file an injunction against the bank claiming losing more money by not being able to harvest in not securing additional funds. That you are being forced into bankruptcy at an inopportune time to the banks advantage.

A long shot perhaps. But judges always give farmers incredible leeway.

Comment

Have you talked to FCC? They are a big part of how we survived BSE. The bank we'd been dealing with for over 30 tears ran like a scared rabbit the first time we asked for a loan after the border closed. Rather than lend us some money to feed our calves for three months, they told us to sell them just like our neighbour who sold his for 44 cents a pound. FCC financed the feed for us and we made about $40,000 dollars because of it.

We found them more agreeable to seeing the long term picture.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...