• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry wall prices

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry wall prices

Well listening to the radio yesterday they started talking about some government issue causing drywall prices to go up. Apparently it will cost 800 dollars more to board a 1000 sq foot house now. They interview a contractor who starts crying about bids he has signed and he says now he's working for nothing so he is going to the contract holders to tell them he needs more money or he's not doing the jobs. It'd like to see farmers do that when you contract grain to a company then don't have enough you pay! If parts go up you pay! It goes on and on. I have no sympathy for these drywall guys. If I had one come to me to back out I'd say no way. I'd simply say welcome to farming.

Its just a western Canada tariff it think.

Ottawa doing there part to help with the rebuild of fort mac.

Thanks Mr Selfie.

Comment

Lots of oilfield jobs are cost plus.

So say you contract 10 bus/acre at cost+$30/acre.

If you want new Escalade every year you need cost+ $50.

Comment

Eastern based drywall manufacturer applied to Canadian Border Services, said American suppliers were dumping their product in Canada below cost. Apparently only Canadian manufacturer of drywall, 2 plants in western Canada both older with higher cost production, ones in eastern Canada are newer and lower cost. Tariff adds 50% to the cost of a sheet of drywall. 8$ to 12$. Tariff only applies in western Canada a bunch of bullshit.

Comment

Here's the kicker, the tariff does not apply to 54" wide sheets. So if you have 9ft walls, no change in price but I will bet you darn near every drywaller forgets to mention that to their customers.

Comment

Why doesn't the manufacturer complaining just buy the lower cost stuff to infill demand until it's back in balance or he becomes more efficient.

Just wish I could go to the government and have my durum price jacked up because I am not efficient enough or I can't keep up with quality demands....blah blah blah.

And farmers think they should go bit alone. ....apparently this gypsum industry doesn't think so.

This would be considered a bailout to the drywall mfg industry?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...