• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bye-Bye Monsanto

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye-Bye Monsanto

Monsanto has agreed to be acquired by Bayer. So now it is a one stop shop. I guess seed prices will come down. L.O.L.

For sure Agstar - way cheaper cause less costs, workers, offices, etc. 😂

Comment

Yup might as well laugh about it because the same thing is happening in fertilizer. ....what is the competition bureau new name.....monopolies are us. ...

Comment

And NO government gives a shit...what rules? Bigger is better, get with it everyone. Good bye LITTLE losers....

Comment

Can or would someone write me a premium cheque for my operations so I can get off the hamster wheel....

Comment

They will have to sell one of the canola lines....my prediction is Liberty will be spun off.

Comment

Originally posted by Goodtime View Post
              They will have to sell one of the canola lines....my prediction is Liberty will be spun off.
              Would be a good time for farm org to step in. CCGA or an outfit like FNA. Direct checkoff $ back to farmers.

Comment

So if Bayer has to spin off a canola line for the deal to proceed, what is the point in the deal?

Comment

Worldwide Round up ready royalties etc is huge...Liberty is only big in western Canada. It is a bigger picture thing.

Comment

Wonder how many Dekalb reps.are out of a job?

Comment

My guess is they will abandon DeKalb canola and let the pioneer, dupont, Canberras have that market, they still get the royalties anyway and I don't think DeKalb has great canola genetics

Comment

The share of the Canadian canola market is minuscule in a deal like this. Dekalb is a major player in US corn seed, where Bayer had nothing.

As for the canola, Bayer most likely will have to sell one off. If monsantos "true flex" genetics are close to approval, that might be worth a lot to them, as they will have many years controlling the patent

Comment

Where the "h" is the competition bureau? But more important is where the "h" are our farm groups. Don't some RM's pay big bucks to have representation? Who are those guys again?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...