• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Standing Rock?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Standing Rock?

Anyone following the Standing Rock protests in North Dakota? Seems to be almost zero coverage on mainstream media. Maybe interest will perk up now an arrest warrant has been issued for Amy Goodman.

[URL="http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/10/breaking_arrest_warrant_issued_for_amy"]http://http://www.democracynow.org/2016/9/10/breaking_arrest_warrant_issued_for_amy[/URL]

The natives want more money. Simple.

Comment

Wait til the fall of 2017 when Enbridge is supposed to start their Line 3 Replacement project. Is there a more safe and feasible way to transport the amount oil that is moved in pipelines any other way? I don't even know what to say anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
        The natives want more money. Simple.
        ..Or they realize that water has a value beyond dollars.

Comment

Release the Hounds! What you did that already and they mauled 5 people and a young boy?

Comment

I might have told them I wanted to build a fresh water line. I'd construct it to the gauge of oil line safety, and in a year ask for it to be switched to another purpose. After all, the bottleneck is getting a pipeline in the ground.

Companies are now digging up 50 plus year old lines, and repairing the sections on multiple smart pig identified weak sections. Their preference was to construct a new line, but six years of hurdles, and no belief that approval will ever come, gives them no alternative but to repair junk, or go out of business. That's really sticking it to all of us on the greater chance of future failures. I can just picture the headlines, and societal outrage as to why this happened.

I'll leave it to grassfarmer to explain.

Comment

No CBC tv in USA to provide this segment of the population with over the top coverage

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post

I'll leave it to grassfarmer to explain.
                As a friend said "Yup.... government funded corporate welfare, that's where its at."

Comment

No EPA hearing for this project. Why not? Enbridge has the Army Corps of Engineers in their pocket.

This isn't about money. If it was the tribes would be pointing out that since WW2, the US Gov't has given more money to Germany than all the native bands in the States.

This about a few things. First, health of the water. The pipeline is upstream from many native communities. It is going under the river where, any problem won't be detected in time. As well the pipeline is going through several areas of cultural significance. At least one has already been destroyed. A lawsuit has been launched and archeologists are now on site to help preserve these sites.

The National Guard is mobilized. Governor Dalrymple is generally a good man, but, he is encumbered with idiots throughout his administration.

Comment

Yes, how dare those corporate bastards sell energy to public and private utilities, and expect individuals connected to it to pay for it.

Also good to hear that your friend doesn't mention anything about environmental harm, but sure has his mind centered on the money.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...