• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you remember what you were doing on Sept 11, 2001?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you remember what you were doing on Sept 11, 2001?

It is hard to believe it was 15 years ago today.

I can vividly remember driving with a friend and we were having a nice chat when his wife called him on his cellphone saying a plane had hit the building in NY.

We turned on the car radio to hear what was going on when the second plane hit the other tower.

For the next hour we listened to I think the CBC and went through a range of emotions, anger, horror, saddeness and disbelief.

Almost seems like yesterday, imprinted in my mind.

Today, I reflect on the world we live in, people how were lost and their loved ones and how lucky I am.

Having breakfast with tv on and korean exchange student worker sitting there. Year after dad died. No harvesting anyway. Like now.
    Sat in house all morning watching tv. Korean guy just sat there and mumbled "war" over and over.

I can remember 911, Elvis, John Wayne, and Diana for some reason.

Comment

It foggy here that morning early. I had gotten the combine serviced early in the fog as I was scheduled to do an interview on CBC radio to review a book written by Ingeborg Boyens. Of course the interview never happened and while I was waiting for the phone to ring saw why.

We had sold a horse to a New Yorker that stabled him within view of the WTC. His name was Trickster. We can't look at our pictures of Trickster anymore without thinking of the tragedy he saw unfold that close to him.

I also think of a local guy my age that showed up for school every year in late May and June. Erwin was a top junior hockey player and eventually played for US college teams. He had an office in one of the towers but was out of the office for a meeting when the planes hit.

Comment

That fateful morning I was just pulling into parking garage at work when I heard that 2 planes hit the towers in New York. First I stopped and checked to see if it was April Fools. Sort of holding my breath today.

Comment

Backing out of my driveway in Regina and on the Radio comes breaking news a small plane maybe hit the world trade Centre. I was on CJME News Talks new station. Long day between on TV and Phone.
          Brother was traveling that day.

Comment

In tractor seeding winter wheat when heard it on radio.
            Seeding was a failure as just enough moisture to sprout wheat and cause fungus growth but not enough to keep it going.

Comment

Harvest was DONE in 2001, so slow to get out of house, caught the news, watched TV for hours. Lots of emotion...

Comment

Had just finished a round of golf with my BIL and was sitting in Timmies having a coffee when it came on the news. Went home and it was one of the rare times we turned on the TV.

Never could figure out why Bldg. 7 came down and the ones in between it and 1/2 didn't.

Comment

I was just starting university and woke up to the news on the radio, then watched for a bit on the tv. Went to class and never really thought about it. Was never exposed to that kind of news before. Mostly shock of the events. Have grown up and realize the situation/scenerio now.

Lots of tin foil to use for the reason why building 7 went down as well as all the events of 9/11. Thats for a different day!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...