• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayers new commercial Thanking farmers!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayers new commercial Thanking farmers!

Just listened to Bayers new commercial about how happy farmers are and how the company thanks farmers for 20 plus years of a great system!

Is it just me or is this a complete slap in the face.

On one hand you thank us for buying your product and using it faithfully for years. Yes some super varieties along the way were total shit but we bought.

Now after thanking us they hit farmers when the price implodes by increasing the price of seed and Liberty!

Some thanks you.

Like Christmas and you buy your own gift and your son likes it and borrows it. It's gone but thanks anyway!

Companies need to realize margines on farm are not huge and another price increase isn't warranted!

Some thank you for years of service!

Like getting billed for stapler your last day at work!

I checked with my retailer and I was quoted prices similar to last year on Invigor.. Where are you getting your prices from? Is your retailer trying to gouge you for more?

Comment

Ask what you will pay for Liberty?

Comment

Top end Invigor is $800 a bag here, the variety I grew this year went up to $775.

Comment

For that price do you get your Liberty included?

Is it 252

Comment

Originally posted by ColevilleH2S View Post
            Top end Invigor is $800 a bag here, the variety I grew this year went up to $775.
            That is an outrageous price.

$16 per pound or $800 per bushel......WOW!

When will the line be drawn for seed costs?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
              That is an outrageous price.

$16 per pound or $800 per bushel......WOW!

When will the line be drawn for seed costs?
              When you quit buying.

Comment

And We did inform them of that.

Were done thanks for the 20 years of being there BAYER but were done with your latest increase.

Enough is Enough.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                  And We did inform them of that.

Were done thanks for the 20 years of being there BAYER but were done with your latest increase.

Enough is Enough.
                  Exactly. Look at l150 when it all fell over and everyone avoided it like the plague. Bayer noticed that. Dekalb varieties used to fall over bad and they couldn't sell much because of that perception. Bayer is a mega corp and losing several million acres of seed isn't going to hurt them but a couple years of poor sales of the overpriced stuff may send a message. Really though this is like a crack problem. If we all quit usin then the hoods will go down.

Comment

I heard it this afternoon , what smarmy crap.

Comment

When will they realize that Mother Nature and increased fertilizer plays a huge roll in the performance of their product? "Genetics" may be there but without the help of the other ingredients its the equivalent of unleavened bread. Kinda tough and flat as opposed to a voluminous result. For Christ's sake Bayer.... you know you can't take all the credit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are the prices being thrown around here include Lumiderm?

When is enough enough? You just can't keep expecting more money for equal or less value!

Regarding the poor performance of Liberty, if you're starting with a decently clean field and not trying to clean up a disaster, I find it isn't just too bad. Spank whats there with Liberty(and Century) and hope the crop takes off and takes over. And don't chince on the water...Liberty is a contact herbicide. And spray on hot days. Canola is pretty hard to out compete when it gets going. Nothing is ever perfect but we know Liberty is far from perfection.

Comment

Retailers around here say they don't have any prices yet on seed.
                        Maybe they're to scared to say?

Comment

If everyone holds off buying the price will drop, there certainly wont be any seed shortage.

Comment

Liberty price was also very similar to last year. Up slightly but not by $10/acre. I talked with Bayer Rep and he said many many retailers are coming out of the gate high in pricing, plus add in Lumiderm and Jumpstart, and the Pod Shatter Trait and you definitely will be up there in price.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...