• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone over $6 for hrsw?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone over $6 for hrsw?

We have some dry #1 hrsw 14.4 pro from last year
    We were quoted $5.85 today.....

Nope..RP widening there grade spreads today..Lucky us again..#1 is crap for price..Lower grades are under $5.00 here..$4.89 for #2..12.5 at Viterra..

Comment

Took 400t contract Sept 2, bought space !!!, (but satisfied with the blend of wheats I'm getting off the farm, some of it pretty ugly crap, yet it had 16.1 pro., some other, I was worried had livestock in it, Some was truly a #2, the rest had midge damage, fuz, or ergot. Throw it altogether and you end up with #2 15.5 pro. Deal that morning was $5.94 for #2 15.5 pro Now would be $5.59

Comment

$7.00 minimun right now. Will probably be closer to $7.50 when all is said and done.

Comment

We have 50000 bushels locked in at just 7 for #2 13.
          25000 sept and 25000 October.

Quarter production.

Comment

sk3, if your gettng $7.00 for your wht. youv've done some pretty good marketing, so why al the whining and bitching about prices?

Comment

I did that contract a long way back.

Some times you win some times you lose.

But really the shit show that we get paid 1930 price with today's expenses pisses me off.

Comment

I did mine a long way back too, that's why they call it marketing! Good for you.

Comment

I admire some of you guys have the kahoonas to forward price grain not knowing if you will actually grow it or what quality it will be and probably with out an AOG! I don't want to be beaten down if I am way too far below spec or not being properly rewarded for being way above spec.....but ultimately thats my problem!

When furrow initially started this thread I was going to say seven was probably available a while ago on a forward contract. ...where would have the risk been if it was on carry-over with known quality specs and volume?

I wonder why wheat can't be seven today if it was seven forward contracting several months ago.

Now what price is it at port position? Are we seeing a normal basis (what ever normal is?) $65ish/tonne midpoint Sask?
                  Last edited by farmaholic; Sep 7, 2016, 20:44.

Comment

It ain't going anywhere for today's price.
                    Have some priced but not enough. Of course it's never enough when it turns out. Now have to wait on the rest to get a reasonable price.

Comment

Farma

What exact insurance is AOG anymore? You have companies now on lentil AOG contracts cancelling them because of sample grading issues. Well of course the market has moved the other way and they aren't grading a 2 anymore so hey let's stick it to mr farmer.

It doesn't really matter if it's a AOG or a DDC it's risky if you don't know what the grade will be and both contracts are rigged for the house.

The sloughs aren't the only pools of water with the scum rising to the top.

Iceman out

Comment

We have forward priced and market has gone against us, but nobody tells those decisions... never had much nerve till in the bin. If we locked #2, and turns to feed the spread is NOT locked. Just one of the LOSERS I guess, good for you that are such winners, you WILL inherit/own/rent the earth!

Comment

Like the guys who just lost contracted crop to hail last night ? Been on that side as well , some of you may not have been .
                          That's were it can ruin farms

Good for those who did contract and got good prices - hope you get it off , all of it

Comment

I am sure glad I do not have to be so paranoid about getting screwed on grade and discounts as some on here from their buyers. In my experience it is not very hard to get out of a contract as long as your price is better. Once I had to buy out two contracts because the market prices were higher at the time and I had very little crop. It stung, but the way I looked at it I was a lot further ahead by averaging it out over a couple of years. Once in awhile I would get less price. I guess I like to keep my income from having highs and many lows. In a decent year I also get to haul some in at harvest instead of building extra bins or being the low hanging fruit. This year I am pleased.
                            Last edited by may-be; Sep 7, 2016, 22:52.

Comment

A few years back when I had the real bad hail and lost some 21 quarters to hail It really stung to buy out a contract. Its a risk of doing business. Some times it works some times you get the shaft.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...