• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pioneer Canola Yield Contest

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer Canola Yield Contest

Florian Hagmann, Birch Hills farmer is the Canola king.

Was last year , this year still wide open
    What's the point here ?

Comment

Now if only Pioneer could calculate how big an acre is this year, that would probably help. Mickey mouse outfit omfg!

Comment

Oh oh... I can see a Bayer/Liberty versus Pioneer/hybrid debate evolving.

We have the Bayer addiction... I think there is enough glyphosate used here without having to spray it for in crop weed control. Not that liberty does a stellar job....

Comment

Liberty works if you use the two pass system. Other wise go with round up.

Some round up varieties are killing it this year in our area.

L140 has so many issues its not even funny.

Strait cut guys have lovely cleavers coming now above the crop after they sprayed because the rain keeps coming and frost hasn't happened.

Yes RR Canola is a weed.

One of our early barley fields will bloom if frost doesn't happen in another week or two. Cabbage now.

Comment

Wonder how the plots at saskatoon farm show turned out.

Comment

Anyone grow DuPont 3155C? I have 350 ac in have done 320. Also have Canterra 1990 beside it and more else where. Getting worried about too much glyphos.

Comment

Bigzee, I have a a few acres of 45H31 in but just swathed it.

I do believe 45H31 and 3155C are very similar.....maybe some DuPont/Pioneer expert can clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by Oliver88 View Post
                  Bigzee, I have a a few acres of 45H31 in but just swathed it.

I do believe 45H31 and 3155C are very similar.....maybe some DuPont/Pioneer expert can clarify?
                  I was told 45H33 was same as 3155

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER3 View Post
                    Liberty works if you use the two pass system. Other wise go with round up.

Some round up varieties are killing it this year in our area.

L140 has so many issues its not even funny.

Strait cut guys have lovely cleavers coming now above the crop after they sprayed because the rain keeps coming and frost hasn't happened.

Yes RR Canola is a weed.

One of our early barley fields will bloom if frost doesn't happen in another week or two. Cabbage now.

SF3, if that Canola blooms, don't forget to send in your royalty money. Sarcasm.

Comment

Okay good to know. 👍

Comment

There varieties generally look the rankest and hardest to harvest. Too much stalk and vegetative growth. I think Florian has it figured out. Dont put too much N up front and feed it all year is the ticket. Just find the time to do it sitting in the sprayer all summer.

Comment

Doesn't he band in fall some nitrogen and then again in spring before seeding with seed placed Fert!

Oh I forgot perfect contortions on rain and hail and frost'

Luck helps

Comment

Originally posted by seabass View Post
                            There varieties generally look the rankest and hardest to harvest. Too much stalk and vegetative growth. I think Florian has it figured out. Dont put too much N up front and feed it all year is the ticket. Just find the time to do it sitting in the sprayer all summer.
                            Or just grow a variety that doesn't grow so tall, yields more, nets more with less disease and no fungicide, and enjoy a whole lot more of your summer instead of in a stupid cab.

Comment

3155C is between H29 and H33
                              C is for club root resistance
                              45H31 is a standard non trait round up ready

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...