• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weather conditions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weather conditions

We got .35 of an inch of rain yesterday and this morning the fog is very thick...very poor visibility and even worse drying conditions. Probably a reprieve from rain today but tomorrow doesn't look good again. I guess it is/was our turn to have the unlucky harvest weather.

Good luck everyone and work safe!

We've combined three out of the last 17 days and not likely to roll again until at least Thursday. Almost caught up on repairs.

Comment

Received a trace of rain late in the day. Did a little tough canola that can be blended.

Wheat was in the 19's and would be above 20% moisture now for sure.

Looks like trace amounts this evening for some areas and only small areas that will miss Wednesday's rains.

Comment

Soaked here and foggy.
        Forecast for 20mm tomorrow. So much for early harvest.
        Oh well wheat isn't worth anything anyways and now for sure it won't be. It might have a birthday or two before it gets sold.
        The thieves aren't getting it for less than $6.50 a bushel I don't care what grade or Protien it is.

Comment

Wet wet foggy mess!

Comment

Half inch yesterday. Inch plus forcast for tomorrow. Glad I got my hay baled in the nick of time.

Was a beauty of a fog this morning, our guests took a lot of farmyard in the mist pics.

Comment

So happy we pushed hard last week, some nights to 2am, even went to 3am one night. Finished the durum 2 hours before the 7/10ths Friday night, showers Sunday, 4/10ths yesterday, heavy dense fog this morning, 6/10ths forecast for tomorrow, and more showers Thursday. Cereals are about 75% combined here in SESK.

Comment

Sure glad I stayed home to combine rather than going to Las Vegas last weekend. One blessing in the 1/2 inch that came down Labour Day is that we weren't trying to find parts yesterday, tsk-tsk.

Comment

4/10 with more to come tomorrow here at Weyburn. It's nice to see rain here, believe it or not we are a bit dry. Nice to get some weeds growing for post harvest. I'm down to Canola and Beans.

Comment

Both kind of weather proof.....no wonder the rain doesn't bother you.

Comment

Canola and flax left here, ya rain will be great for post harvest. Some rye planted already(organic guys).

Comment

Not us, Just gettin rolling on cereals and now a good way into canola swathing. Seem to be a bit behind the curve but way ahead of the snow it's all good, perfect timing in my eye, I don't care if the neighbors laugh. It will be done when it's ready to be done.

Comment

*** , wheat got all the way down to 15.2 today - then the shit show hit

Comment

Originally posted by mbratrud View Post
                            4/10 with more to come tomorrow here at Weyburn. It's nice to see rain here, believe it or not we are a bit dry. Nice to get some weeds growing for post harvest. I'm down to Canola and Beans.
                            And here the fields are totally GREEN with weeds like nobody sprayed in crop! What a mess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...