• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flat

60 plus bu peas... at least...

4 inches high. Ugggg

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160829_195649.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	777298

Do you use lifters?
    Or
    Mcdon header tilted forewArd?

It does feel good when you go over and you get 98%

Comment

Join the club! After 3 weeks of crawling along at an inch or less above the ground to sc**** up a few weed-infested, laying down lentils. we learned the ropes. Thank God for pick-up reels and flex headers or we would be hooped.

Comment

Wait till they get rained on and start sprouting.

Heavy dews must make for short days?

That's shitty. But.... been there done that.

Comment

Ours peas did not go totally flat, but where they went flat and you went with the lean, we missed quite a bit. Maybe need to look into the macdon headers. We have lifters but how close do you run them to the ground? We are not flat land so do not want to break the lifters. They are those new schumacher flexi finger ones.

Comment

Been using those lifters, they work great! extremely adjustable.

Comment

About 3 years ago I watched a neighbor harvest 5 quarters of flat peas with a big circle hay rake . Afer they finished they.ran a joker over it. The shelled peas germinated perfectly uniform. My best guess about 4 bu/ acre loss in shelling. Naturally the neighbors criticized their JD combines and guessed at how bad the "losses" were. Hmmm... I wonder what the math would be like comparing One hay rake vs. 3 JD straight cut headers. Those peas grew for 6 weeks before killing frost. Fixed N and held the soil. I thought he was a very smart farmer.

Comment

Maybe we are talking about different things here. But if we are talking about the Flexi fingers that I bought they were truly the worst $2500 I ever spent.
                If you position them where they need to be they bend and break. I try them every year and every year I spend a couple of hundred bucks to replace bent and broken ones. I won't be using them again

Comment

Hobby I find it funny that you are an organic farmer that promotes conventional farming. Smart!
                  Last edited by biglentil; Aug 30, 2016, 15:45.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                    Hobby I find it funny that you are an organic farmer that promotes conventional farming. Smart!
                    I thought the hay rake turned out (pun intended) quite brilliant vs. 3 headers.
                    I would like to think I have a balanced view on most things. I am on the outside looking in but it's still farming end result is we all just want to make a living. I do note most farmers just want to spray away their problems. It's pretty weird, but I do understand, if a person is dumping half their life savings into the ground every year they want to protect their investment. It's working well around here. I cannot debate the awesome high input crops being grown. I have not seen a bad "big farm" crop in at least 10 years. It does work. I just see a whole lot of dependence on retail products. Kind of like crack addicts. Watch the reaction when a retailer says they are out of Lorsban and the worms are going to destroy upto 3 bushels a day of canola yield in the swath! Those retail ****ers are milking the farmers and there is absolutely nothing the farmer can do about it.

Comment

X2 bluefargo. POS!

Comment

we just got a rigid flex case 3020 header with Ashcroft. I can't believe how it shaves the ground ! and none of those f$&king lifters to wreck everything . really works good , half the price of a macdon flex and no canvases to give trouble . that honeybee on the other one might be going down the road..... always pushing mud , mind you no ahh or flex . oh and it's a lot lighter than the flex drawers also . big plus this year !

Comment

We use the Agco flex heads , 8 yrs now , no lifters , no canvas , no peas left behind. Bought two headers for the price of one Mac don . No broken gaurds or sections .

Comment

Would any of u guys buy the auger flex with the air attachment? See some have them lots dont. Pain in the ass?

Comment

try this again , f$&king spell check
                              we just got a rigid flex case 3020 header with auto header height . I can't believe how it shaves the ground ! and none of those f$&king lifters to wreck everything . really works good , half the price of a macdon flex and no canvases to give trouble . that honeybee on the other one might be going down the road..... always pushing mud , mind you no ahh or flex . oh and it's a lot lighter than the flex d****rs also . big plus this year !
                              IP: Logged
                              Edit?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...