• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5693.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	777294

Well another week has come and gone in dear old Saskatchewan. Sell the phone company if you get enough to pay off our debt. Not operating debt but provincial debt. Then lets see what saskatchewan is all about. The only province in Shit hole Canada with no debt. Hm Whats the interest on that debt now more than any amount sasktel sends the gov now.

Ah but that isn't a crop report thats money and what should be done. Kind of like the Grain companies caught with their pants down at their ankles and china is having its way. See on a farm if we had a problem we go borrow or take from savings or sc**** up the cash some way and add the piece needed to our operation to get the job done. Grain companies cry and have groups like the Canola council saying farmer are hurt because we got caught. Tongue in cheek.
    Get off your wads and spend some serious cash to get this fixed. Watch the next thing will be Prince Trudeau saying its not my job to sell your Canola. Hm history does repeat.

Ok we were able to harvest some this week so driving up and down had time to think.

Last week harvest progressed to 11% complete thanks to some L U C K that we missed the rain. East of us yesterday 2 inches north 1 in and us mist.

HRS most is desiccated or getting done now. Frost would not be a issue on most fields now. Its a nice crop of HRS but probably won't top as our largest. Smaller seeds and FUZ. Set combines and turn up the wind blow some of the light shit out the back.

Durum is a shit show. Proved this year again to my self we have to part ways. Sprayed with in crop fungicide 1/2 then a week or two later at flag and then back at head. It will grade a 5. So to all those that believe rain makes grain F$%^K you. Excess water is a crop killer. One half section in our area sprayed late after head and flower is almost 50% gone.

Canola we finally got started yesterday. Some early fields have been down a couple weeks and one was harvested. But it was blooming farm progress show in June. Canola will be a average since you have areas where it flooded in June and these are thin and sick canola. The hill tops or higher areas are real nice. So a average at best. Tall canola so can cut high and have a good anchor. Now I am going to call something and some might not like to hear this. We strait cut canola since the first test bag was seeded on our farm years ago. Every year we tried it. Now yes we are wet so maybe that is some of the problem One thing i do like about the varieties is leave them till 90% colour change and then swath. Awesome swath and yield and grade oh and no rotten canola. Spray crop helps. Now this year our area and lots of others have regrowth weeds etc coming plus excess rain. Do some wonder how well strait cutting will be in MUD. In fields where the canopy is thick won't dry out and even if you spray and rains continue you will have green areas growing in your crop. Im just thinking that lots could be harvesting higher moisture canola and have issues later on in winter just because some Genius said lets sell the swathers and strait cut the shit. Just saying sometimes experts are wrong. Good luck and lets here your stories for us we will swath the 600 plus acres of strait cut at 90+% colour change.

Peas most are harvested or just getting finished. Geese are here and taking their cut just like the mob. Phone crop insurance and get paid for this wildlife shit show that needs two hunting seasons already. Spring early and fall. Yields are lower than some thought and if no disease or issues big yield. So unfortunately on a larger amount of seeded area its a average of good great awesome and the shits. Watch how the companies had $10 peas last winter for some of your crop are now getting the over supply at $7 on idea that its so huge its amazing bull shit. Now MR farmer your average price is same as last year $8.50. Ah marketing its amazing how that happens.

Lentils have been hearing some real big yields. I can set my header at 10 ft wide also. Not saying the 45 plus are possible but every single thing had to have gone right including missing rains down pours and disease. But most are getting 5 12 21 25 and then the 45. So lentils have issues.

Corn just continues to amaze me. Looks like ND red river valley corn. Time will tell.

Soy like i said all year its not last years crop by any number some thing is wrong with color etc. Time will tell.

Flax if it was shit all year its shit if it was twisted from rain probably shit and if you lucked out it looks not bad but no bumper.

Oats looks good standing for some reason and filling nice. Kind of wish i would have grown a field or two again.

Barley most in area is off of just swath. Few strait cut and dry the second growth. Initial crop is dry but all rain have created a new sea of green. Time will tell on Malt but early yields are way way over the top. Its the year of barley yield. 2/3 in Bin and I can honestly say its our largest Barley crop ever per acre. Like combining oats. Last 1/3 only had mist so might go sooner than later.

Hay second cut or first cut is Awesome if you have good timing and luck out between rains. If you get caught your screwed. Pastures are a 10.

So the fall of no change in weather patterns is upon us. Nice nice nice rain nice nice Down pour. Ah maybe the dryers will really be needed this year. Rain in excess destroys crops and some in Media and Grain companies and Salesman just don't get that Water logged fields aren't bin busters there a night mare. Funny all those big commercials earlier in year get your fall supplies now we will be sold out still have lots and lots of product left. If only farmers could Bull shit and get away with shit like most of the others that need us to Survive.

So to all have a safe harvest and remember that ones at home are way more important than this fracking crop that every one will take a piece and leave you with the scraps.

To the Rural resident that won the $60 Mill good on you enjoy your life its really about to change, Good luck.

Peas done.... exceeded expectations
    Canola swathed....tall standing crop..lots of stem..shorter pods but still a good crop
    Waiting to do something with cereals.... we don't straight cut...hope we get a dry trend
    Flax looks OK. Sure don't see many flax fields

No excess water standing around like SF3 pictures. Pretty much every acre seeded will produce grain.

Comment

SF3....I thought you would have W155 or those shitty 4895 swathers.

Comment

Why do farmers drive straight into open water and then wonder why they get stuck?

Comment

Sk3 or Saskfarmer which ever one you are

"The only province in Shit hole Canada"

With all the whining and complaining you do on here about how bad "YOU" have it farming and how every other political party other than your hero Brad Wall is useless, why don't you sell out and move to Hawaii permanently. If Canada is that bad move to the USA or somewhere else and find out how good "YOU" really got it here in "Shit hole Canada". You post pictures of all your new equipment and crops that look pretty good to other posters here on Agriville, yet claim you have it so tough. If it so bad just sell and move on, better yet join the Brad Wall team in the next Sask election.

Your closing comment about how it's only a crop and remember what's important, is beginning to sound like a statement you make only to convince yourself rather than advice to other posters here on Agriville.

Comment

A M155 would not get stuck in that....In the water is fine..Getting in and out of the water is the problem..

Canola all cut ..Did 112 acres of down/twisted mess wheat..Ours grading #3 because of fuzz..Tested in the 16 teens to 20 in lower areas..Yield varies ..seems average for the area..To much slow grinding ..needs to be cut and let sit for 3-4 sunny days ..which will not come...

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
              Why do farmers drive straight into open water and then wonder why they get stuck?
              Areas with water, are generally better for traction than areas without. We in the wet areas know this.

Comment

I agree with tweety, i have some very wet land, i drive around the water and keep my machinery on DRIER land.

Comment

Originally posted by freewheat View Post
                  Areas with water, are generally better for traction than areas without. We in the wet areas know this.
                  So that is why the swather sits at the bottom of the watery hole where there is no canola to swath?

Comment

Originally posted by tweety View Post
                    So that is why the swather sits at the bottom of the watery hole where there is no canola to swath?
                    I would be willing to bet the trouble came upon trying to exit the hole, not IN the water. But when your fields are half or more water, what choice do you have really? Last year, it was water UNDER the crop, and if you wanted crop, you went through it, whether you could see the water or not. I get your point though, and this year IS different in that where there is water, there is zero crop, so maybe going around will be easier, and a decent option.

My point is, water cleans the tires, and mud clogs the tires. Water is not the issue generally, mud is...

Comment

Bingo free. Plus tweet canola all above water all of a sudden your in it ! God you guys are critical!

Comment

Forage nice to see all the wing nut NDPs out today. What ever has a NDP government done for the people it serves! Ah I know the answer nothing! Useless high paid paper pushers instead of nurses useless buying of farms and sending out people away! Uses Carbon Taxes. Useless debt!
                        So yea think about it if we get enough for sask tel for our total provincial debt and have a balanced budget why not! Only scary thing is some people think brad is bad in a few years and vote in a NDP or Truedeu type and they decide oh we're debt free lets party!
                        Selfie dude cabinet minister just spent 10000 on a photo opp for her climate change agenda! Ah that's responsible government!

Also tell me honestly you don't believe the elevator owners really care about your little farm or mine! It's all about money!

Ship needs peas yet price is now 6.85 or wait till movement in November for less than 7.

Yea they really care!

Comment

Forage the Alberta government just released a fiscal update, projected deficit of 11 billion. If Ontario had a deficit as large per capita it would be over 36 billion. Think about that, the Ontario Liberals biggest deficit was what 13 or 14 billion. The Alberta NDP have no plan to cut spending or get out of debt, very sad. It is a big mess no matter what your ideological outlook!

Comment

Finally got the last bit of peas done yesterday , started working through all the sloughs and flooded areas from spring with the case turbo till
                            Not much going on here now , rains the last few days has ground harvest to a stall. Swathing canola just getting into full swing here .
                            Some canola coming off NW of here , they were swathing 2 weeks ago in that area . Canola in this area generally looks good.
                            Very little cereals done yet , a little wheat and some barley
                            Yields on barley seem good and low chit ting so far
                            Rain coming again on radar , should be wet again in about 2 hrs
                            Elevators and rail should have no problem keeping well ahead of harvest if they are not incompetent . Forecast will allow very little harvest in this area the next 5 days

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                              .......The Alberta NDP have no plan to cut spending or get out of debt, very sad. It is a big mess no matter what your ideological outlook!
                              Roll back to early spring of 2015 and replace "NDP" with "PC" and it would have been equally true.

SF3 please post a picture sometimes of some of the pastures that you rate 10. Even with a near perfect growing season here I'd rate most around 3 or 4 at best.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...