• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the entire world was starving?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the entire world was starving?

Would a little fusarium still be such a big issue? Just how poison is poison? Prove it to me.They tell me some durum sprayed twice still not good. Just thinking out loud.

Originally posted by agchat View Post
    Would a little fusarium still be such a big issue? Just how poison is poison? Prove it to me.They tell me some durum sprayed twice still not good. Just thinking out loud.
    Taste it then report back...
    Last edited by biglentil; Aug 24, 2016, 09:04.

Comment

Good question..Our wheat would make a #1 if it was not for the 1.5% fuzz..

So will it get blended after we dump it into the pit?

Locals have no cleaners to remove it..so they say..

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
        Taste it then report back...
        Lol. Some people think beef liver is gross tasting. Does that mean it is poison?

Comment

Liver is gross when you think about it. But poison it with butter and onions and it becomes a delicacy.

Comment

OR you could do a google search on Deoxynivalenol and edumacate you self.

Comment

ok tweety , fair enough . but why has the ergot percents gone way up since fus became the new game . ergot was highly dangerous at microscopic amounts before the fus fad ?

Comment

**** me......what about all the smokers, excess drinkers, drug abusers, people who like to go to public pools or soak in hot tubs and smell like they've been pickled in chlorine, disposible diapers. All those who eat out of a ****ing box, All the "processing" additives and preservatives added to the "raw" products we produce.

POINT TWO FIVE OF PERCENT TO DOWN GRADE A ONE TO A TWO...CALL THE ****ING CGC! IMPOSSIBLE UNLESS YOU HAVE DROUGHT.

Not saying too much fusarium isn't a problem but the specs we have today are nearly impossible to attain. Oh but "science" is NEVER WRONG. Remember thalidomide?

Comment

Not impossible, our hrs is under.25. Cardale sprayed with Caramba.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                    Not impossible, our hrs is under.25. Cardale sprayed with Caramba.
                    Glenn HRS never an issue zero fungicide. #1 Durum is a purple unicorn unless you are purchasing from a pioneer, viterra or cargill.

Comment

Agstar, your cardale yielding as good as neighbouring ac brandon or elie? Im hearing not.

Comment

I bet Mother Nature did just as much, if not more, for keeping the Fusarium in your wheat low than anything that came out of a jug. Just like She's responsible when it's too high. Last year it wasn't a problem here either but it sure was dry....

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                          ok tweety , fair enough . but why has the ergot percents gone way up since fus became the new game . ergot was highly dangerous at microscopic amounts before the fus fad ?
                          I don't believe the grading percentages have changed for ergot, still anything over 0.1% is graded feed.

[URL="http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/oggg-gocg/04/oggg-gocg-4e-eng.htm"]http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/oggg-gocg/04/oggg-gocg-4e-eng.htm[/URL]

Comment

If the world was starving #1 HRSW with higher than 13 pro should never be less than $7 , but it is almost never above that, good quality yellow peas should be above $8 and good quality green peas should never be below $10 .
                            So no the world is not starving

Comment

The world is full of low grade grains and pulses wich they use as an excuse to keep a lid on good quality grains and pulses .
                              Canola just gets played by the soybean game and horrendous basis levels as we see now . Thanks line companies - oh and make sure you line up at Cargil , et all , to pre buy your inputs from the same guys Fukin you in the pit .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...