• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bayer and Monsanto deal closer?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayer and Monsanto deal closer?

Bloomberg reporting this deal progressing.

Negotiations between Bayer AG and Monsanto Co. are advancing toward a deal after the companies made progress on issues including the purchase price and termination fee, people familiar with the matter said.

Bayer Chief Executive Officer Werner Baumann and his U.S. counterpart Hugh Grant have had a series of constructive meetings in recent weeks, said the people, who asked not to be identified because the discussions are private. The companies, in talks to create the world’s largest producer of seeds and pesticides, could reach an agreement in the next two weeks, said the people, who cautioned that negotiations could still fall apart or be delayed.

I don't think this is a good deal for agriculture or farmers.

How will this work with LL and RR owned by the same company?

I hope it does not get done.

If there is such a thing as a competition bureau anywhere in the world it shouldn't go thru....

Comment

Just think how much the Companies could save in Advertising
      Telling us RR out yield LL and vice versa

And all those Savings will be passed on to us farmers
      Seed prices will drop and life will be good
      NOT !!!

Comment

Competition was not a big thing for these companies, they figured out if they set a high price and didn't compete they would be more profitable. I never ever heard of a price war between seed canola companies. Monsanto has a bad public image and also make farmers a target for consumers. It will be good to be rid of the Monsanto name for all the fear mongering granola munchers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...