• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Contrast in rain events today ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contrast in rain events today ..

West lock Alberta and here in NB Sask
    We only lasted 10 min more lol

Hey Furrow, sorry to derail your thread. How do you like the Gleaner's? Could you drop straw for cattle??

Crappy deal for Westlock and bad time of year.

Comment

Love em way better than Massey's
      No straw for anything lol

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
        Love em way better than Massey's
        No straw for anything lol
        Our now retired welder in town ran Gleaners, he loved them. Easy to repair, common bearings simple adjusters etc. I recall he had an N6 all pumped up, He would do custom work and run along side the big Deere's at the time. You could see him because of the slighest black exhaust coming out.
        When he plugged it though, look out! I recall him pulling the rotor out the side. A 970 case with a FEL and about 18 inches slack on the chain. WHAMO! Out she comes! Clear out the wet grain wad, shove er back in and giddyup!
        Man, I would cringe watching it. It seemed to always work.

Comment

I like the simplicity of them. But need to have a machine to drop straw for cattle. What are yours - s77???

Hobby, who would catch the rotor when it came out?? Haha. I have heard of more than a few gleaner guys pulling the rotor out the side

Comment

Got a S77 and a S78
            Quite diff machines actually - happy with both
            And unless the chopper drive fails you don't plug these newer ones .
            90% of the time just drop concave and punch er through , have yet to plug the 78
            But ya it can happen like any machine
            That's one of two things that the Massey machines shone - the rotor reverser is awesome and the radiator system is unreal good

Comment

Yeah the massey combines with the hydraulic rotor reverse is awesome. Does your gleaner have that new cooling system like the masseys or claas? Blowing out rads all the time sucks. And same with greasing. Next combine will be super low maintenance ( if that exists).

Comment

The new Gleaners can be greased in 15 min
                They have reversing fans now , smart cooling they say
                The S77 is way better than the S78
                It's a timing cycle thing the needs to program better but either still not even close to the new Massey system

Comment

Good deal. Best of luck to you for the rest of harvest. One day I will get to within a current decade for a combine haha!

Comment

We did 1300 AC of peas so far , the S77 never really needed the rad cleaned but the 78 about every 2-3 days depending on dust conditions .
                    Air cleaners about the same respectively

Comment

Interesting the comment, no straw for anything and yet you are pillaging your corn growers you supply seed and seeder to!

Comment

Wth has that got to do with anything about our gleaner combines ?????
                        Simply stated Gleaners don't leave good straw for any baling .
                        Has nothing to do with our corn seed business lol

Comment

Exactly how are we pillaging our corn growers ?? Please do tell....
                          All our corn growers are extremely happy with their corn crop , it all looks great this year.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...